Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra poor battery life

(Topic created on: 09-02-2021 02:13 AM)
vmd
Explorer
Options
I've  been using s21 ultra since 4th February. I updated to latest February  software patch released but even my phone's battery life is very  poor. I tried resetting my phone, switched to fhd and 60hz. Using low brightness and dark mode all the time even then my battery life is not great. I used the camera for 22mins it literally consumed nearly 18% of my battery. Even with 1 hour of whatsapp video call costs more than 20% of my battery. I don't know  what to do. Can I replace my s21 ultra for a new one or wait for any software  update to resolve this issue. I think my unit's battery is faulty. May be may be I am not sure. Can anybody tell me what is the battery drain of your phone when using camera for 4k videos and a video call ? 
35 REPLIES 35
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Quite a lot. Those tasks seem to be some of the most battery intensive. Your numbers for use seem to be about on point. If you recorded for 22m 4k 60 fps, 18% is pretty low. People don't realise just how intensive encoding 4k video on the fly, let alone at 60 fps, is. Not to mention the data bandwidth required is fairly intense too. This isn't the era of 720p 30fps recording anymore, the cameras process literally 8x more data than 1080p 30fps of old. It's heavy duty hence the battery drain.
0 Likes
vmd
Explorer
Options
is this normal then ?
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Yes it is, but who knows, perhaps Samsung may optimise the software for better battery life further down the line.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
yes this is very normal, these are all intensive things, you think of what that ultra has to power, the draw back of samsungs for me has been battery life but that's the only trade of, I can charge in the car, in bed and always have a battery pack laying around so I have gotten used to it.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
to be honest 1 hour of what's app call for 20% is bloody brillant
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
I'm loosing 6 percent in half hour just using my phone for browsing on WiFi and nothing else at this rate i don't know how people have 3h screen on time with a day of use and still having 75% of battery...
Members_NLmZ5X9
Student
Options

I was quite impressed with my S21's battery but since the latest february update it has huge battery drain in idle, it uses 35% during night doing nothing.

Gellert
First Poster
Options

I upgraded from a Huawei Mate 20 Pro, and I have the same feeling. For everyday use, including a bit of gaming, a bit of everything my Mate 20 was appx at 20-30% by the evening. Charged to 95 and went to sleep. While the S21 ultra has to be charged during the day.  And always hot on the top left upper area. 
That is unacceptable. Or is my phone faulty?

Members_iDy87G8
First Poster
Options

Same here