Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra performance after camera use

(Topic created on: 06-02-2021 07:48 PM)
Guy41
Navigator
Options

So I noticed something strange.

We all know the camera on the Exynos version causes a significant load on the CPU. 10 minutes use of the camera (esp. using 108mp and portrait modes) had my device at 44-45o. I then closed the camera app and waited around 5 minutes but the CPU kept at ~41o with spikes of heavy use even with the camera app being closed for a while.

I then ran 3Dmark where I would usually get 5300 and it scored 3300. Another run after a couple more minutes acheived about the same result. This means that the workload the camera puts on the CPU throttles it so much that it is kept throttled for a very long duration of time. Probably even after the CPU cools down. 

Extremely strange and frustrating. 
I wonder if there's a way to bypass the CPU throttling. 

12 REPLIES 12
michael39
Navigator
Options
thay will fix the cpu load in a patch for some reason the cpu runs flat out doing anything
0 Likes
Brico_GO
First Poster
Options

I also have a problem with overheating when using the camera...after 17 minutes of recording 4K30fps the camera crashes with the message that the device is too warm for further use...I even made a video,  https://youtu.be/tyRIFi-bb4Y

It's really a shame that something like this happens on a device that costs € 1,300

SaiChaotic
Pathfinder
Options

I hope this gets fixed, I get an overheat warning after 20mins of camera usage on the microsoft teams app

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
0 Likes