Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra overheating !

(Topic created on: 04-12-2021 10:26 PM)
reky
Journeyman
Options
Hello after new software update (one ui 4.0) i keep having problem with overheating.My s21 ultra overheat to a point you literally can t hold it and the heating spot is somewhere next to the camera from the back.The overheating issue is happening when i use fb messenger app on video call with 5 G on (and the battery drain faster much more faster ).This is my 2nd S21 ultra as my first device had overheating issue with all apps and was on the older software version.
4 REPLIES 4
DianDD
Voyager
Options
It is a typical Samsung thing nowadays with Exynos processors mainly. I also had a video call on 4G(not using 5G) and my phone got hot 🔥 in no time. Not a problem on wifi tho. I am also having very low network coverage at home, which contributes additionally. The phone does not overheat while using apps either
0 Likes
reky
Journeyman
Options
Oh yes i forgot to say that this is s21 ultra bought from gb so exynos it is
0 Likes
Baridon
Voyager
Options
Hey try downloading the Good Guardians, there you can control the thermal threshold as this sometimes helps. Also check what kind of app you are running in the background and if there is an application that frequently wakes up without you know. In the Good Guardians you can also see what app is giving you issuesScreenshot_20211205-084208_Thermal Guardian.jpgScreenshot_20211205-084121_Good Guardians.jpgScreenshot_20211205-084219_Thermal Guardian.jpgScreenshot_20211205-084110_Galaxy Store.jpg
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Overheating on exynos has been resolved as I know it .
If you have poor mobile reception any phone will struggle.
Also all Facebook apps have been buggy on Android 12.

Samsung has released another small update which fixes a few of these bugs.
Would suggest to use WiFi where possible for videos calls.
0 Likes