Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Overheating even after factory reset without any app installed or data transfer- Australia

(Topic created on: 04-03-2021 09:14 AM)
volksguy
Journeyman
Options

I pre-ordered S21 Ultra  and got my phone on 22.01.2021. I transferred all data from my old Samsung device through SmartSwitch. The new S21 Ultra gets overheated after few minutes of usage which is not same in the case of my S10+. S21 Ultra camera app does not run if device is overheated. Even after couple of factory resets and without any installed app in the device, S21 Ultra camera app made this device overheated after few minutes of recorded video. If the device temperature gets over 42 degree celsius, camera slow motion does not work properly. I tried to apply all the tips given by Samsung online support on this devices to resolve this problem but at last it did not get resolved even after factory reset. I just gave my device to Samsung care center for repair/replacement. Please share your experience if you have this type issue with your S21 Ultra.

36 REPLIES 36
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @isko01, we do take such cases very seriously. Could you smell any burning from the phone or have any injury/burnt marks on your finger? 

0 Likes
isko01
Pioneer
Options

Hi @SaudA zdravo @SaudA,

The phone  was very hot when using. (When open the camera). I have returned my phone and get my money back. Because of that Im askin did they fix it so I can buy again. I had reading many foruns, post, redit and find several users have a same problem.

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Thanks for that, @isko01 

Any reported issues are fed back to the developers who release updates to fix them if necessary. If this isn't the  case already, then a fix will be out soon. 

0 Likes
Gionike
Voyager
Options
ok here's another update for today with screenshot of my battery usage. you will see 17hr21mins usage with 5hr41mins screen on time with a list if all the apps being used within that time period. however what you don't see is the 7-8 hours of tethering I had on, which is absolutely crucial and important to this report. imagine how much more battery usage I could've got without the use of tethering. Its difficult to do that as I need to tether almost everyday for the family.

also, @isko01 u asked about if it was too hot to touch. at 42° it was hot around the bezel cos its metal and that feels hot to touch and the screen was hot when u put to ear if u had a call to answer. but as I said before I have the samsung leather case so it doesn't feel hot at all when I hold the phone. but again, I think another future update might fix that.

Screenshot_20210301-125834_Device care_22060.jpg

isko01
Pioneer
Options

So here I'm. I finally  buy again  S21 Ultra 256gb, Phantom  Black.

And thx God I don't have like last time problem with overheating. 

Thx to @Gionike  and many other users  who answere on my questions. 

Im now on AUB9 and waiting  the March  up.

Gionike
Voyager
Options
that's fantastic!!! keep us posted with how your experience is with the new phone. welcome back 😃😊🙂
0 Likes
SaiChaotic
Pathfinder
Options

Using the camera causes the phone to heat up, to the point that it hurts to hold

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
0 Likes