Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s21 ultra over heating

(Topic created on: 01-03-2021 03:00 PM)
jayboi54
Voyager
Options
Just been out in the UK sun for 10 minutes, the phone heated up to 44 degrees and then went dark, we're still in winter at 10 degrees, I'll be able to cook my dinner on it in the summer, spoke to Samsung and they said were unaware of any heating problems, LIES,  also heats up when using camera and battery drains alot
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Yes jayboimia Samsung are well aware of the S21 Ultra's overheating problems but they will never admit to this. Both Exynos and Snapdragon phones are showing this problem with the Exynos version showing camera overheating issues. You are not on your own with this problem Jayboimia and it seems to be a software issue that sometimes happens during any early production run of any phone and software updates should knock this problem on the head. Like you I have been disappointed that this issue is linked to the camera as for me it was the main reason I upgraded to this phone. I have not taken mine back as it has not actually overheated to the point it is not usable for any period of time and I am confident all it's problems will be rectified via software updates. The sooner the better though. You could try clearing the partition cache as I have on my phone but this has made no difference to my phones performance. Brighter days DO lie ahead. I hope your phone is performing well in as short a time as possible jayboimia. 👍
jayboi54
Voyager
Options
hi babishko, yes I have done 3 factory resets and cleared the cache partition each time there's been a update, I can put up with it, it's just surprising that it's heating up when in sunlight just scrolling,. yeah hope it gets resolved fairly soon with updates as I do like this phone
thanks
0 Likes
RJ
Apprentice
Options
Sorry to hear that this is happening. I've not been using it much yet and experiencing very little UK sun. Admittedly I laughed a bit at the two words used together but I'm not looking forward to the summer if this is going to be a problem..
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Yeah Jayboimia I am learning to love my S21 Ultra too. At the moment it is a bit like a little puppy that needs house training and watching all the time. If it dumps in my shoes though we are going to really fall out!. lol!..😂😂. I just wish that my previous phone, my faithful dependable Note 9, had not been so bloody perfect in every way. That phone spoiled me. Still I. have kept it as my second phone so happy days!.. 🤣🤣. 👍👍
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
I have a very long post on this and my 3x s21u 512gb models..

according to the representative I spoke with they are definitely aware but she also suggested I got all 3 replaced from their respective retailers.

seems like we have to wait for the march update from what I have gathered and hope for the best
jayboi54
Voyager
Options
yeah i read your post, there is definitely a problem that needs fixing
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
there's a lot of those posts out there.

if you haven't updated to the Feb version. yet I would wait. it made it worse on 2 of my models. but it sounds like you updated if the camera is going heatwave / frying pan temperature on your hands. our UK sun might be lovely for 5 days a year but not in March lol.

I shot 3 mins of 8k@24fps & 3mins of 4k@60fps video back to back last night on a ice cold device for it to shut down just as I hit stop recording on the second attempt.

quick fix please lol 🙏
jayboi54
Voyager
Options
yeah I'm all up to date with the updates, definitely hope they fix it soon