Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra - one UI 4.0 battery indicator showing 0%

(Topic created on: 17-11-2021 06:55 PM)
Ray1234
Apprentice
Options
Hi guys, updated my s21 ultra to the new UI yesterday, however my battery indicator on the top right of the phone is showing 0%, it shows properly in the battery usage app and when you plug in for charge it shows correctly in the middle of the screen, it also dissappears everytime I restart the phone even if indicator is turned on, I have wiped the cache partition, let the phone drain to zero and full charge again, nothing seems to resolve the issue, so annoying without a working battery indicator, any help would be much appreciated 
22 REPLIES 22
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Ray1234 Hello, check if the Device care app has any update.
On the other hand, you can clear the app's cache and even the data. Greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
Ray1234
Apprentice
Options
Hi Ventor, thank you for the suggestions, just tried both of these, still showing 0%, got a call booked with a Samsung agent later today, hopefully will be able to resolve this issue, thanks again for the response
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi when you go into the recovery mode press on repair apps & see if that fixes the issue.
0 Likes
Ray1234
Apprentice
Options
Hi, thank you for the suggestion, just tried this still not working, many thanks for the response 👍
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Your welcome, can't you back up your apps & settings on the Samsung switch & do the factory reset?
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You might probably need a Hard reset.
Do keep us posted about the outcome.
Ray1234
Apprentice
Options
Had to back up and perform a factory reset, it's now resolved the issue, samsung customer support is terrible, the worst support imaginable, also had similar experience on my Samsung tv, been with Samsung 15 years, this is the last android device I'll ever buy, Apple have advanced so far ahead now with their devices, my biggest regret was that I bought this s21 ultra and not the Apple iPhone 13pro max
Scmyers1
Student
Options

I have the same problem, battery reading 0% on my S21. I had to download an app with an icon that shows the battery percentage and placed on my home screen. I guess I'll have to factory reset like you did. I can't find any other way to make it work. Is yours still working now, since your reset it? Thanks. 

0 Likes
Ray1234
Apprentice
Options
There is no other way besides a factory reset, really annoying, just back everything up onto your laptop/PC with uswitch, still end up losing settings from apps though, working fine since the reset though 👍