Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Notification only vibrates , no sound

(Topic created on: 04-04-2022 07:39 PM)
c_wade
Apprentice
Options

If i tap settings>Sounds and Vibe 

it is on sound

when i press volume and move the sliders, I recieve sound feedback from RINGTONE, MEDIA & BIXBY VOICE

I receive no feedback when i slide Notifications or system.

any ideas?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options

@c_wade: If you head to Settings > Sounds and Vibration > Notification Sound, is this currently set to 'Silent'? For the System slider, this should make a quiet 'ticking' sound as you move it, so it might be hard to make out.

0 Likes
c_wade
Apprentice
Options

Nope, it has a sound called 'snappy'.. I'll say it again

I recieve sound feedback from RINGTONE, MEDIA & BIXBY VOICE

I receive no feedback when i slide Notifications or system.  "

0 Likes
EricS1950
First Poster
Options

This is happening to my phone too.  Any help would be appreciated!

0 Likes
EricS1950
First Poster
Options

Hmmm..... I just restarted my phone and it seems to be working now.  Strange!

0 Likes
envelope
First Poster
Options

I had this problem as well. Restarting helped for a few days until it didn't. Safe mode doesn't help anymore either. I did a Samsung update that was prompted this morning and now no sound at all plays. Tried to clear the caches, delete a bunch of extra apps, checked all settings multiple times, and now all I get is "Sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file," even from system sounds. So, this has been two Samsung updates in one week and now I have no sound at all. 

0 Likes
EricS1950
First Poster
Options

Hmmm...  Hopefully, mine will keep on working.  If I knew of a solution, I'd certainly let you know!

0 Likes
Be123
First Poster
Options

Maybe not same but similiar and making me very annoyed with Samsung!

Sound setting is on normal, not vibrate. Works fine and then all of a sudden sound stops for text notifications. I check volume setting and everything is turned up as should be to max volume. Turning it down and then back up manually sometimes fixes, restarting sometime fixes but never permanently. I'm missing texts from clients that need urgent responses. I walk around checking my phone constantly and keeping where I can see it like some phone obsessed freak since I can't trust it to work as it should. 

0 Likes