Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S21 Ultra No Network Conection after the last Update

(Topic created on: 24-03-2022 08:42 AM)
Juan greenfield
Pathfinder
Options

Hi, I have a S21 Ultra since late January, I had issues in the past but now since the last Update 3 days ago My Mobile Network stopped working, I have an (Ø) symbol not even empty bars, the SIM card works great on other devices, but non SIM card works on this device, I tried reseting the network settings, Wiped cache partition, factory reset, airplane mode on and Off, looks like the antenna stopped working completely, not a single SIM card works on this device.

I have Wifi connection but is not what I bought this phone for, I want network service, is there any other solution I can try?

screenshot-2021-08-20-20-06-35-default.png

234 REPLIES 234
Solution
Hassank
Explorer
Options

as mentioned yesterday, i dont trust SAMSUNG anymore, the connectivity dropped this morning 3 times within 10 mins. i am selling this FFF phone and i am moving to a respectful company that at least reply to the customers complains.

i cant believe that we are actually writing on the samsung official community site and nobody ever replied!!!

Solution
tploumen
Voyager
Options

As expected we can now say with 100% certainty that the issue is hardware related. The One UI 4.1 update is not a fix.

Solution
gpaolo79
Pathfinder
Options

No, the only thing we can say is that there are probably different causes. For some people it was a software bug and its finally fix with UI 4.1. For others it can be a hardware problem.

I don't understand why you are so determined in claiming that those who had it solved with the new software still have it... 

0 Likes
Solution
tploumen
Voyager
Options

True but I'm referring to the problem from the topic starter. You may have had a different problem.

Solution
gpaolo79
Pathfinder
Options

No, I had exactly that problem and it's gone now. In my case the fact that it was software related was straightforward: 3.1 working, 4.0 not working, back to 3.1 working again, 4.1 working.

Different problems can give similar symptoms, between hardware and software phones are complex. Here it could have even been a software bug that triggered a hardware bug on some model - which is why it was fixed also with hardware replacement. 

0 Likes
Solution
tploumen
Voyager
Options

Thats cleary software related indeed. But in our case even a downgrade to a lower firmware version didn't work, so our case was cleary hardware related.

0 Likes
Makikata
First Poster
Options

I am facing thé exact same issue, my sim card works fine on m'y old s9+ edge, but in the s21 ultra, The connectivity keeps dropping. Unbelievable when I think of the expensive price I paid for this phone, extremely expensive phone. This is not normal at all

0 Likes
Tacocat
First Poster
Options

I had a s21 for less than a yr.

Started saying no SIM card could be found. 

Would restart phone and would be ok for a bit. 

Became for frequent that the phone was unusable and no one could contact me. 

Go a new SIM card from my service provider...less than 5min later the phone rejected my SIM card. 

Sent phone back to Samsung 4 weeks ago.

Still waiting to find out what they say. 

Also put SIM card in my old phone and haven't had it drop the SIM card once. 

I just hope it can be fixed and it's not a physical phone issue. 

0 Likes
S21ultrabrick
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20220630-102259_Settings.jpg

Yesterday I updated my phone via t-mobile over the air update. My phone has not held cell network since then. Called t-mobile troubled shoot with network resets, soft resets, hard resets, factory resets, changing to LTE, changing sim card, basically everything we can go over the phone and in store. Nothing worked. I called samsung all they can say to me it's out of warranty and take advantage of our current promotion.  Obvious this was there fault with their update bricking my network connection failing.  Now they want me to spend my money for something they did. Samsung never again. I'm going to other brands. I been with them since s3. 

0 Likes
S21ultrabrick
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20220630-103950_Software update.jpg

0 Likes