Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra night camera is terrible.

(Topic created on: 01-05-2021 04:48 PM)
Keith78
Apprentice
Options

When I first got s21 ultra I was actually blown away buy the camera quality, the standard scene optimiser night mode was amazing then I turned on the actual dedicated night mode and I was truly blown away with how much light it let in and made a photo taken in near pitch black and very low light look like they were taken with lights on, spectacular. A few updates later and I go to check both night modes and they are TERRIBLE! what the he'll happened?!

Now the photos are extremely dark and noisy.

Examples are of when I first got the phone and then tonight in both rooms in exact same lighting conditions.

20210201_134539.jpg

20210201_134453.jpg

20210201_063954.jpg

20210201_064002.jpg

20210202_004136_01.jpg

 after updates

20210502_011100.jpg

20210421_231106.jpg

14 REPLIES 14
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Is the scene optimiser still on? Or off.
0 Likes
Keith78
Apprentice
Options

I used it both on and off, doesn't make a difference.

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try a wipe cache. If it happened after an update.
0 Likes
Keith78
Apprentice
Options

I may give it a go. How is that done and will it completely reset/wipe my phone?

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Volume up key and power button with the USB-C cable plugged in.

Google it if you must.

No it won't reset (don't use that option)

It says wipe cache.
0 Likes
Members_P4gsIvk
Journeyman
Options

Hi Keith, did that help? Im the same and amazed at night mode and showed it off to everyone....now I tried again and might as well not bother.  Tried various setting but before was just take a pic and boom...now theres no boom and just disappointment.

Keith78
Apprentice
Options

Nope, no help at all.

It's mind boggling to wonder what was going through their heads to gimp a great feature so badly, I guess they just want those good initial reviews then stuff it. Bizarre, no other company I know regresses their tech and features like that.

Apple make it better as it should be.

Never again.

KholaI
Options

Hey @Keith78 

Have you tried clearing the app data to see if this helps? You can do this by heading into Settings > Apps > Camera > Storage > Clear data. Please note, this won't delete your pictures. Once you've done this, restart your phone. 

0 Likes
KenHo_23
First Poster
Options

I am facing the same problem, was really shocked at how bad the night mode is. I try remove the cache and data in camera app but won't help. what is going on?