Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra night camera is terrible.

(Topic created on: 15-06-2021 06:46 PM)
Keith78
Apprentice
Options

When I first got s21 ultra I was actually blown away buy the camera quality, the standard scene optimiser night mode was amazing then I turned on the actual dedicated night mode and I was truly blown away with how much light it let in and made a photo taken in near pitch black and very low light look like they were taken with lights on, spectacular. A few updates later and I go to check both night modes and they are TERRIBLE! what the he'll happened?!

Now the photos are extremely dark and noisy.

Examples are of when I first got the phone and then tonight in both rooms in exact same lighting conditions.

20210201_134539.jpg

20210201_134453.jpg

20210201_063954.jpg

20210201_064002.jpg

20210202_004136_01.jpg

 after updates

20210502_011100.jpg

20210421_231106.jpg

14 REPLIES 14
Carlston27
First Poster
Options

It also happen to my S21 ultra, after the update, night photos specially in very dark areas are messed up!

I so disappointed, hopefully a software update can fix this issue

Bogdan Maxim
Apprentice
Options

I am also using Galaxy S21 Ultra. To say that I am very disappointed with the results for nighttime photography would be an understatement. The pictures are just not usable, there's too much noise, the moon looks just like a white messy spot, the sky is terribly noisy, etc. Two years ago I was using a very outdated Sony Xperia XZ Premium that was taking better shots, without any night mode. If there won't be a fix soon enough, I will have to return the device or sell it. It's my first Samsung Galaxy, I have deliberately avoided the brand until now, I don't like the design of the phone at all, I have made the purchase for the camera capabilities only... 

#badnightcamera #s21ultra #ultradissapointed #fixthisASAP

mantas_lukosevicius
First Poster
Options

How did it continue? I have the same problem with S21 (not ultra)

0 Likes
mantas_lukosevicius
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with S21. Any more updates? Considering taking the phone to warranty service.

0 Likes
Phebz
First Poster
Options

Exactly my thought. I bought samsung galaxy instead of iphone 12 because accordinv to earlier review the camera is good. But then i guess my iphone7 camera has better optimization at night than this saumsung. I regret buying it. The videos ive taken during the night are terrible. I bought this to use for vlogging but im nkt recommending it. It sucks

0 Likes