Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S21 ultra night camera is terrible.

(Topic created on: 01-05-2021 05:48 PM)
Keith78
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

When I first got s21 ultra I was actually blown away buy the camera quality, the standard scene optimiser night mode was amazing then I turned on the actual dedicated night mode and I was truly blown away with how much light it let in and made a photo taken in near pitch black and very low light look like they were taken with lights on, spectacular. A few updates later and I go to check both night modes and they are TERRIBLE! what the he'll happened?!

Now the photos are extremely dark and noisy.

Examples are of when I first got the phone and then tonight in both rooms in exact same lighting conditions.

20210201_134539.jpg

20210201_134453.jpg

20210201_063954.jpg

20210201_064002.jpg

20210202_004136_01.jpg

 after updates

20210502_011100.jpg

20210421_231106.jpg

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
GoanGeek
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
Is the scene optimiser still on? Or off.
0 Likes
Keith78
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

I used it both on and off, doesn't make a difference.

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
Try a wipe cache. If it happened after an update.
0 Likes
Keith78
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

I may give it a go. How is that done and will it completely reset/wipe my phone?

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
Volume up key and power button with the USB-C cable plugged in.

Google it if you must.

No it won't reset (don't use that option)

It says wipe cache.
0 Likes
Members_P4gsIvk
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

Hi Keith, did that help? Im the same and amazed at night mode and showed it off to everyone....now I tried again and might as well not bother.  Tried various setting but before was just take a pic and boom...now theres no boom and just disappointment.

Keith78
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

Nope, no help at all.

It's mind boggling to wonder what was going through their heads to gimp a great feature so badly, I guess they just want those good initial reviews then stuff it. Bizarre, no other company I know regresses their tech and features like that.

Apple make it better as it should be.

Never again.

0 Likes
KholaI
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

Hey @Keith78 

Have you tried clearing the app data to see if this helps? You can do this by heading into Settings > Apps > Camera > Storage > Clear data. Please note, this won't delete your pictures. Once you've done this, restart your phone. 

0 Likes
KenHo_23
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

I am facing the same problem, was really shocked at how bad the night mode is. I try remove the cache and data in camera app but won't help. what is going on?