Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra NFC Won't Enable

(Topic created on: 20-02-2023 09:33 AM)
sdvetha
First Poster
Options

Hi Everyone,

For the past couple weeks all of a sudden my NFC won't enable (turn on), I've tried clearing the cache, I've tried factory reset. Nothing has worked, I have a feeling it may have been the latest software update.

I've attached an image of when trying to enable it

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
sdvetha
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20230220_105525_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
You sure? Looking at your image it shows it's switched on.
0 Likes
sdvetha
First Poster
Options

Yep it just go back to off after trying to tap it on

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@sdvetha: To address any temporary software issues, try pressing and holding the Power button and selecting 'Restart' from the Power menu that appears on screen. Immediately following the restart, head to Settings > Connections > NFC and contactless payments, and try toggling it on. 

If the issue persists, restart the device in Safe Mode, as this will disable all third party apps, and help to determine if the problem is stemming from an external source. To enter Safe Mode, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode.

Once again, head to Settings > Connections > NFC and contactless payments, and try toggling it on/off. If it works as expected, then please restart the phone as you would normally, and uninstall any apps you have introduced since your first encountered the problem. 

0 Likes
Khairul21
First Poster
Options

I got the same problem, did you solve the problem?

0 Likes
sdvetha
First Poster
Options

Hi there

There actually wasn't a fix, Samsung gave me a full refund for my device, so I'd recommend taking you phone in to Samsung

Cheers

Samson

0 Likes