Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra Network drops

(Topic created on: 07-01-2022 03:39 PM)
ZvezdelinPetrov
Student
Options

Anyone else with network problems in some areas after Android 12? . In certain areas my network drops, sometimes show me a good strength but when a call someone he answer and we can't hear each other. For calls works when he wants. Tried everything including Hard reset, Network reset, Clear cache, switching 5g/4g/3g/2g. Also did optimisation applications and nothing helps. I'm using s21 ultra, Exynos.I used my old iPhone Xs two days and works without any network issues.

34 REPLIES 34
Dadou1
Pioneer
Options

Might have been me 😁

I did that too... No changes... 

0 Likes
RohitD
Explorer
Options

Same issue here and started happening after jan update. really annoyed with it. I've tried everything except hard reset.

I in fact called o2 to cancel the contract and now moving to ee as I suspected the issue with o2. I'm using a new sim with 5g plan. Tried to switch to 4g too but didn't help.

Will try to turn off mobile data when home and see if that's any stable. I'm wondering why the Feb update is not out yet and if it will address this us

0 Likes
Tron1
Explorer
Options

Just an update did factory reset but issue is still there - was even worse yesterday. Taking it to a samsung service centre will be asking for a refund, just not acceptable for a flagship phone. Just curious whether everyone here with the same issues have the exynos or qualcomm versions?

0 Likes
Dadou1
Pioneer
Options

I have a home-repair booked for Friday, though I am not expecting much... I am just hoping that Samsung acknowledge the issue, and maybe update the firmware (the issues seem to start when updating to android 12...)

0 Likes
Tron1
Explorer
Options

Good luck mate, I definitely agree with you that it seems totally due to the firmware update. I find it crazy that they haven't acknowledged or resolved the issue. I even sent error reports through samsung members but they just wanted more logs and more time wasted, surely they know there is a major issue by now. Not sure about you guys but my phone is basically a useless paper weight, I got stuck real bad the other day for something that required a QR code log in and with no network it was impossible.

Dadou1
Pioneer
Options

@Tron1  - mine is an exynos

0 Likes
Tron1
Explorer
Options

@Dadou1 same as mine, honestly wouldn't be surprised if that's the issue.

0 Likes
RohitD
Explorer
Options

Exynos one here and really frustrated.

Irony is, I was on call with samsung support explaining the problem, gave them mobile number and details but before she could say anything, it dropped off and phone got disconnected.. She didn't call again and I had no patience to explain the problem to a new person with the risk of it happening again..

New issue I started noticing after wiping the cache was, I call someone, I se the call is connected but I can't hear them neither the other party... 

0 Likes
Tron1
Explorer
Options

I took my phone to the samsung service centre yesterday. It looks like they are going to replace the mainboard on it. I'll be honest they knew exactly about the issue I didn't really need to explain it much detail, the guy said they had several already come in this week for it.

I asked them why on earth does the mainboard need to replaced when this clearly happened with the OneUI 4 update and is surely a software issue, but my guess is the firmware must be bricking something in the phone (maybe the modem)?

I'm not surprised samsung won't acknowledge this issue publicly it sounds common and expensive to fix.

RohitD
Explorer
Options
Wow, interesting. I was under the similar impression and was eagerly waiting for Feb upgrade hoping they will fix the issue.

Was the repair quick or they just gave you a replacement?