Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra Network drops

(Topic created on: 27-02-2022 02:28 AM)
ZvezdelinPetrov
Student
Options

Anyone else with network problems in some areas after Android 12? . In certain areas my network drops, sometimes show me a good strength but when a call someone he answer and we can't hear each other. For calls works when he wants. Tried everything including Hard reset, Network reset, Clear cache, switching 5g/4g/3g/2g. Also did optimisation applications and nothing helps. I'm using s21 ultra, Exynos.I used my old iPhone Xs two days and works without any network issues.

34 REPLIES 34
Tron1
Explorer
Options

I haven't got the phone back, still waiting for them to advise me on the situation. I think it depends on availability of spare parts but it sounded like a reasonably quick turnaround if they have it.

0 Likes
Dadou1
Pioneer
Options
I had arranged a home repair (excellent service to be honest...) and discussed with the engineer. To be honest, he dismissed it as a phone issue, based in the diagnostics information from the checking tool.
I explained all I did with mobile network, and eventually agreed to a motherboard replacement.
I am now waiting to see if this has resolved the problem. I will report back here in a couple of days. 🤞
Dadou1
Pioneer
Options
I have had the phone 2 days now and not seen the issue since Samsung replaced the main board.
5G is turned on, and connection has so far been robust.
All calls connected and heard the caller everytime (that was one of my symptoms too) nor do I see the "please select a plan" for my watch.
I would say the change of motherboard did the trick. And I definitely recommend the home repair option from Samsung if available in your location.
I'll report back if any further issues seen 🤞
Tron1
Explorer
Options

Samsung declined to repair my phone, and no replacement was possible as apparently there is no stock where I am. They are giving me a full refund, just a heads up to anyone dealing with samsung VOC teams, it's almost a 24 hour turnaround just to respond to emails. Seriously poor customer service. Found other threads with people with the same issue, I still can't believe Samsung haven't officially acknowledged this issue.

TopBoyMarky
First Poster
Options
Just wanna say thanks for this thread... Now I can show it to Samsung I bought my S21 Ultra at the beginning March 2022 and I've continued to have the problems you all have mentioned with mobile voice calling and not hearing anyone or them hearing me and Network issues... Done the full factory reset and changed SIM card and contacted Vodafone but had the same problem to date was about to take back the phone... I'll try the home call out service... I'll definitely let you all know how I get on... I'll be back *Terminator Voice
0 Likes
nrg84
Pioneer
Options

Did anyone solve the issue?

0 Likes
Dadou1
Pioneer
Options
Hi, the only fix for me was the home physical repair. None of the software only options did anything to stop the issue.
Samsung have not aknowledged a specific problem, but replacing my "main board" fixed it
RohitD
Explorer
Options

For me, they couldn't repair the phone and said there are no parts available to replace. They didn't have any s21u in the stock anymore (lucky) and offered a full refund.

I then pre ordered s22u but read on the forums that it too has similar issues and 100s complaining about the issue so I cancelled the order and got the oppo find x5 pro. Camera isn't as solid as s22 but better than s21 and way better reception than Samsung so I'm happy so far. Will check Samsung again in a year or two. 

nrg84
Pioneer
Options

You made the right choice, today I've read that the problem affects yhe S22 too. I will bring my S21 to the repair centre, hoping to fix the problem. In any case this is my last Samsung.

0 Likes
Jimgreezy
Student
Options

I have ha dmy main board replaced twice now, this is my last Samsung device and I have had every model from the s2. 

0 Likes