Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Network Connection

(Topic created on: 25-11-2021 10:56 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hey people

I have an S21 Ultra which I bought direct from Samsung.

Why oh why does it seem to permanently default to 3g when 4g is available? 

I typically have to select aeroplane mode then deselect aeroplane mode to get 4g to connect.

Settings are set to LTE/3g/2g (autoconnect) and it is no better if I select 5g/LTE/3g/2g (autoconnect) either.
10 REPLIES 10
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Anonymous User 

One piece of advice I picked up a while ago from a telecommunications engineer was......

" Phones do not latch onto the strongest signal.They follow the network assigned procedure, hence why it's not uncommon to be connected to a weaker signal than is strictly available "

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Thanks BoB

I hope you are keeping well?

The issue is that 3g seems to be the default network of choice on this phone.

I am frequently in an area where the 4g signal is stronger that 3g yet still this bloody phone defaults to 3g (h+).

Compared to my P30 Pro that I had, this is a poor device and Samsung Customer Support really is (no words cos they would all be expletives).

Likely going to scrap this S21 Ultra as a mistake and get a Xiaomi Mi 11 or 12.

@BandOfBrothers
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I genuinely do not know if the issue is:

1. Samsung software
2. Carrier Settings

Device was bought direct from Samsung.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @Anonymous User 

As a process of elimination perhaps try another Network sim card in the phone to see what connection you achieve !

Does your current connection change when you commute  ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

GizmoMKD
Pioneer
Options

I have the same issue after last updates... device prefers h+ over 4g/4g+ ... other devices i have with the same sim prefer 4g...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Yep, I'm done with Samsung.

Product quality is no longer priority but more of an afterthought.

Customer Service? Someone needs to explain this to Samsung and get rid of the senior managers who run it.

S21 Ultra and other devices? No wonder they are selling so poorly. I thought about buying a Fold 3 but quite frankly don't have any confidence in Samsung any more so wouldn't waste my money. Might go for a pixel 6 Pro instead.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

By way of an update - 2 hours on the phone to Samsung Complaints today, they now want to send an engineer to look at both S21 Ultra devices before deciding on next steps......

F**k my life, how much more time do I need to spend here?

Thinking I might take Vodafone up on their Black Friday offers, maybe a Pixel 6 Pro and write this whole experience off to "never again will I buy a Samsh**e" 👍

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
@AndrewL

Why are the Samsung Moderators not commenting or providing any assistance on any thread regarding the poor cellular / mobile issues affecting hundreds of members?

This is a massive issue that has been widely reported here, widely reported on Facebook and Twitter and widely reported on the world's press.

So what are Samsung saying or doing about this? Sweet stuff all

Why?
GizmoMKD
Pioneer
Options

With the latest update my device is fine.

0 Likes