Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra music - failed to play

(Topic created on: 25-04-2022 03:46 AM)
coakers
Explorer
Options
Anyone had any success yet  ?
Used smartswitch to copy music over but will not play on ultra.
Had a lot of this from S6 to S10 and all has been OK until now.
Samsung say try another app, poss music licensing issue ?
64 REPLIES 64
AlfredMJNZ
Apprentice
Options

Sorry.  But issue is not just WMA.  I converted my many thousands of music files from MP3 to M4A to protect them from compression loss.  Samsung Music has issues with M4A  (as noted in this thread with hundreds of questions).  I have now tried FLAC format.  So far, so good.  Conversion from M4A to FLAC will take time and s*** load of storage, but I will continue.  I give Samsung Music a 1* rating. 

AlfredMJNZ
Apprentice
Options

Try FLAC.  Yeah, I know: time, storage.  But it beats grinding your teeth thinking about how you cannot play your music files on Samsung phones and tablets. 

0 Likes
13thAMG
First Poster
Options

Same here. Suddenly many of my tracks fail to play, same error message. 

I checked they play on my laptop via cable connection to the phone. All fine. They also play fine on the phone on other music players.

So files are not corrupt. 

Angry I just spent thousands on Samsung and now this happens. 

Yamon234
First Poster
Options

Get Poweramp in the play store. There's a trial version but it's worth the money. It won't fix alarm apps not being able to play your music but poweramp will play just about anything 

0 Likes
MrNews
Student
Options

Just discovered this foolishness on my new S23 phone and S8 tablet. Simply uninstalled Samsung Music, and started using VLC, which I had before and rarely used. Works great on all music & video files. Good-bye Samsung Music- no time for stupidity.

0 Likes