Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra music - failed to play

(Topic created on: 24-02-2021 09:59 PM)
coakers
Explorer
Options
Anyone had any success yet  ?
Used smartswitch to copy music over but will not play on ultra.
Had a lot of this from S6 to S10 and all has been OK until now.
Samsung say try another app, poss music licensing issue ?
64 REPLIES 64
Milly_Binks
Journeyman
Options

It doesn't matter if you had cleared the application data. The converted format for the song is still in your internal storage. I cleared both data and cache. The newly formatted song is still in the Samsung Music app and it still plays instead getting the "failed to play track" error.

0 Likes
coakers
Explorer
Options
i already tried clearing both data and cache - still same error
0 Likes
Milly_Binks
Journeyman
Options

I tried to clear the cache and data before I tried my way. Still got the "failed to play" error. So I did some digging to find out that some songs are in .wma format instead of .mp3 or .m4a. Those songs need to be converted in order to work in the Samsung Music app.

0 Likes
TomcatTC
Navigator
Options

Easiest way I have found to convert them if you have access to a pc is a media player like vlc which has a convert option.

Problem with wma files is they are made for windows media player which are a problem to play on android

Itunes on the PC has a convert option as well but not sure if it handles wma files

0 Likes
Milly_Binks
Journeyman
Options

I did not know this. I appreciate the information. I just tried to find a temporary solution to this problem until I could access my computer to convert the files.

0 Likes
TomcatTC
Navigator
Options

There are android apps in the play store that will convert your files to m4a or MP3 but you would have to search for them.

Know  I used Itunes to convert my MP3 files to m4a files and reading it looks like it does the same for wma files, also found it quicker as you could convert an album or batch at once.

The only other thing that I think could be stopping playback is media rights but not sure how to check this apart from going into windows media player and checking the properties for each file

0 Likes
Milly_Binks
Journeyman
Options

For informational purposes, what steps do you take in order to convert files via iTunes?

0 Likes
TomcatTC
Navigator
Options

First go into File menu and add folder or file to library.

Go to Edit menu and select preferences.

Under General there is a box that says import settings, click on this and select the import using pull down menu AAC is m4a but there is also a MP3 option.

Select the songs you want to convert and under the file menu select convert and it will create a copy of the file in the format you set.

0 Likes
moej55
Explorer
Options

I think its a glich in the software because it played using the Samsung app on my g7 and g9+ why shouldn't play on my g21 ultra ?

0 Likes
moej55
Explorer
Options

Why are there ads in my tracks when I open the Samsung music app ?

0 Likes