Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra music - failed to play

(Topic created on: 21-02-2021 03:28 PM)
coakers
Explorer
Options
Anyone had any success yet  ?
Used smartswitch to copy music over but will not play on ultra.
Had a lot of this from S6 to S10 and all has been OK until now.
Samsung say try another app, poss music licensing issue ?
64 REPLIES 64
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I don't think Samsung Music handles make files any more. I've always used jetAudio specifically for flac but it will play most formats.
0 Likes
coakers
Explorer
Options
I would expect music I've copied from my s10 to work on this phone as well samsung are doing fixes for the camera but to me my music is more important
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sorry just noticed a spellchecker issue in my post. My S10 wouldn't play m4a files with the stock app. What file types are you having problems with?
0 Likes
Stefan90
Pathfinder
Options
Hello. yes i have used smart switch and transferred evrething from:
- encrypted password
- files
- music
- video
- apps.
0 Likes
TomcatTC
Navigator
Options

But what type are your music files, what extension do they use as there are various type MP3, M4A etc and where did they come from originally.

Will they play on any other music apps like you tube music

0 Likes
coakers
Explorer
Options
no same issue with YT music amazon
0 Likes
TomcatTC
Navigator
Options

but what type are the files, what extension do they use (you can check in file manager).

Like they have said it could be down to a licensing problem especially if the original media was ripped from a CD

0 Likes
moej55
Explorer
Options

I've had all my music since my galaxy 3 to my 7 then to my 9+ 

Now I have an error message failed to play track since I got my S21 ultra. The store transferred all my music. They tell me it won't play on the S21.  Its the same Samsung app I have been using for years. What kills me is I own the rights to the songs. I had my whole Beatle library on there. I'm pissed. If I would have know that I would had kept my 9+ but they took my mine as a trade in and erased all of my data.

TomcatTC
Navigator
Options

Transferred my music from S10 using smart switch and no problems playing in samsung music.

What format is your music files?

What message are you receiving when trying to play your files?

Have you looked in the galaxy store to see if there are any updates for Samsung music

0 Likes