Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Memory is gone!?!? Help!!!

(Topic created on: 26-04-2022 06:47 PM)
Erick Howard-Realtor
First Poster
Options

My phone just recently started giving me an low memory error. After some digging, I find that there is an "Other" folder on my memory card that is hogging up 217GB of my memory. I cannot access the folder or delete it. Is there some way to get rid of this and free up my memory? T-Mobile store told me to factory reset. I don't want to loose anything off of my phone. Help Please!

Screenshot_20220426-131606_My Files.jpg

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
99kingcone
Pathfinder
Options
do you have the app called good guardians ?
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
I agree. Factory reset back to default.

You can back it up first... save all your personal files and information and then factory reset.

To be honest the only items I would personally backup and restore would be phone numbers, messages, calendar etc. Photos I would sync to Google photos and can be transferred back afterwards.

Look at it as a 'spring clean'... and reinstall the apps you use again.

Perhaps write a list of all the apps you have installed and if you haven't used it in 6 months then don't bother to reinstall... you can always install again at a later date.

Hopefully it will solve your memory storage issue.

Smiley
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
Erick Howard-Realtor
First Poster
Options

I do not. I cannot install anything on my phone as my memory is full. 

0 Likes
Erick Howard-Realtor
First Poster
Options

Thank you. I will try this solution. 

0 Likes
99kingcone
Pathfinder
Options
what you can do is uninstall a few apps, that you don't use, and install good guardians and you have 5 apps one of the apps I use a lot is the app booster, and the memory guardian might help solve your problem, then there's another app called one drive which you can backup everything into that and that will help you sort all of your memory problems 😉
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I could not believe the size of the "others" items in your storage listing @Erick Howard-Realtor so I began to check it on my 512Gb Exynos S21 Ultra and found it stood at 147Gb. The following article gave me all the information on what exactly is in the " others" storage along with some recommended apps and approaches to break down this problem and get to know your enemy so to speak. Hope you find this is as useful as I am at this moment.. Good luck to you. Here is the address for the article. 👍👍

https://nerdschalk.com/how-to-free-up-storage-on-android/
0 Likes
Erick Howard-Realtor
First Poster
Options

Babishko, Thanks for the reply. I will check it out. 

0 Likes