Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra lens should my lens look like this.

(Topic created on: 29-04-2023 06:12 PM)
lullable
Journeyman
Options
Hi.
I bought S21 ultra from CEX grade A. Boxed and unused.
The photos are pretty poor in comparison to my old Huawei P30 pro. I would say they are blurred. Poor definition.

Looking at my lens cover. I think there is some kind of protector there. It looks like I should be able to feel the edge with a finger nail or blunt blade......but no it is completely flush.

The only lens I can physically touch is the small circle bottom left and the tiny 1 above it. You would think I could get a fingernail under where I have highlighted with the green arrow. But no. That appears to be under the plastic case.

Any advice?

9 REPLIES 9
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There's some sort of glass or plastic covering the lens area
Should be able to peel it off
lullable
Journeyman
Options
I agree.....but no clue where to start as the edges visible on the pic are actually about 1 or 2mm below a plastic cover
0 Likes
jonathaneuk
Navigator
Options
Defo looks like a lens cover on that, if not does it look like the original back glass on the phone ? Does it have the IMEI number etched on the bottom of the back glass ?
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It looks to me the protector is one piece covering all the lenses. You can see the edge all around the camera unit.
lullable
Journeyman
Options
Thank you folks. You were all spot on.
It was a lens protector. Completely useless invention that interfered with the focus on the camera. Not a wonder all my pics were blurred.

My nephew figured out that the lines that looked like edge's, weren't edges. It was the glue that stuck the damned thing to the lens case.
A miniature flat head screwdriver managed to prise it open to get some leverage.
I have included a pic of the vile invention.
2 alcohol wipes have removed the sticky mess left behind.

Thanks for your help folks.20230429_183913_1000029448_1682789955.jpg
lullable
Journeyman
Options
Oh.....I never even noticed until your post. But yes the IMEI us etched on the glass.

Thanks goodness to get that flipping lens cover removed.
lullable
Journeyman
Options
You were absolutely right. It was the flipping glue below that was confusing me.

Thanks for your help. Thanks goodness to get that flipping lens cover removed
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Great so you can enjoy the great cameras on that phone.
Why not share some great snaps in the Galaxy Gallery section
jonathaneuk
Navigator
Options
That's good news then. It's original. Time to get the lens cover removed 😀
0 Likes