Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Lens protection.

(Topic created on: 28-02-2021 12:09 AM)
lonebod
Journeyman
Options
It looks like the plastic over the primary lense on my phone has cracked some how. NEVER had this issue with my iPhone.

Any idea how to get this repaired? How to protect this from future damage?

Really surprised this has happened as I've never had this issue with any other phone before. Looks like it's covered with cheap plastic.
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Harveyx1
Helping Hand
Options
try to carefully remove the plastic, its glass underneath so it won't scratch as easy
lonebod
Journeyman
Options
So I could remove the plastic covering a d try to get some sort of camera tempered glass protector type thing?

Just done a search on the internet and it suggest if could cost several hundred£ for a repair.
0 Likes
Harveyx1
Helping Hand
Options
yeah if its plastic it should be easy to remove
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
I do believe the lenses over each of the cameras on the S21 ultra are glass and not plastic.

I am sorry to hear you have somehow broken the lens... sounds strange that it broke so easily. personally I would raise a support request and speak to samsung about it... than a home repair.

in terms of protection I have one of these fitted... they are good quality and give a good protection.

smiley

SmartSelect_20210227-125100_Amazon Shopping_1076.jpg

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
keugier
Navigator
Options
my recommendation to protect the lense is to buy this cover ... it's excellent and it protects the camera at anytime

Screenshot_20210227-233245_Amazon Shopping_17571.jpg

Screenshot_20210227-233146_Amazon Shopping_17570.jpg

0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
I've just ordered these smiley,I have the Samsung silicone case which protects the camera brilliantly.problem is the case is a bit bulky for my liking.
so I've ordered this super duper slim case and these camera protectors.

can I ask are these a matte finish?

Screenshot_20210227-234820_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20210227-234802_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20210227-234754_Amazon Shopping.jpg

0 Likes
lonebod
Journeyman
Options
Order one of those earlier today.
0 Likes
keugier
Navigator
Options
👍🙌
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

Oh wow... yeah that would protect the camera all right ! 

Just my opinion, and maybe an unpopular one, but the S21 ultra phone is a beautiful and gorgeous looking phone with it's standard design.   This case above makes it look like a transformer and no where as nice as it is designed.   

Personally I would either go with a foldover case such as the Clear View Cover, or a plain clear case for a minimalist look and to show off the beautiful design.  However this is a personal preference and I understand everyone has different needs.   Especially if working in manual trades for building, where damage might be more possible and more protection needed.  

The camera protector by Spigen that I linked above is also a great protection, and I have used one of these.  I am impressed with the quality. 

Smiley. 

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes