Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Latest Android 12 update, Facebook messenger issues.

(Topic created on: 07-12-2021 01:59 PM)
gtv
Apprentice
Options

Every since the new update I'm unable to upload videos larger than 14 seconds in Facebook messenger. Even though when you search out video size for messenger and it says 25M max. this was never an issue before this update. So that makes me think the Samsung had a bug before allowing this? How do I get around this? 

Looks like might need to us a different platform other than Facebook Messenger to send large videos to my family? 

Thanks for the help,

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

25Mb has akways been the maximum size allowed over FB Messenger. Perhaps you are creating large video files due to HD settings or such.

gtv
Apprentice
Options

Before this new update I was uploading much larger file with no issues. So I'm not sure what changed. 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I don't use for FB so can't vouch for the limit except from a number of articles I read. Your other option is Google account, where you can upload a file and share the link, for larger files.
Dauson
Explorer
Options

Same issue after updated to Android 12. I tested with 4K 60 fps. The video lenght limit are differns on any video, beacuse this determinated by file size. My test prove it the max size is 40MB

gtv
Apprentice
Options

what do you know, just like that it started working again. i didn't do anything. I can send a big video to Messenger again. They must have updated something.