Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra issues after the ONE UI 4 Update

(Topic created on: 24-12-2021 10:58 AM)
pradeepvoolla
Pioneer
Options
Can't navigate to maps app fro the notification panel while on a trip, have to open the maps app.

Youtube music shuts after 2 to 5 mins of use.

The UI is too slow and i can't see any 120hz refresh rate..

I have reset my device multiple time still not working as expected. 
7 REPLIES 7
Scotcruz
Voyager
Options
Have you done a factory reset? With it being changed from 11 to 12.. its a must.. remember to clear the cache in bootloader too
AndrewL
Options

@pradeepvoolla: For clarity, are you receiving notifications from the Maps app, but tapping on them in the drop down Notification Panel doesn't take you to the app? 

For YouTube Music, is the phone going into Idle Mode when the issue persists, or does it close down while the phone is unlocked and in use? To troubleshoot the issue, please try heading to Settings > Apps > YouTube Music > Permissions > Allow all permissions > Battery > Allow Background Activity (On) > Appear On Top (On). Furthermore, head to Settings > Lock Screen > Widgets > Music > On.

If the user interface seems slow to you, try heading to Settings > Display > Motion Smoothness > Adaptive > Apply. Let me know how you get on. 

Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Lots of phones have had problems following the ONE UI 4 update @pradeepvoolla so don't think you are on your own. Have you updated ALL your apps in both the Play store and Galaxy store and cleared the cache partition after the update?. Following the update on my phone I have a minor playback issue on my installed MX Player and am awaiting an update either on this app or a glitch fixing software update but I can work around my glitch whereas your problems sound much more frustrating. Either an app update or a software update will hopefully rectify your problem if all the other advice given on this page can't help you. Good luck. 👍
pradeepvoolla
Pioneer
Options
Thank you for your information, I tried all the options but no luck. I am switching to S21+ and try it for some time.
pradeepvoolla
Pioneer
Options
Thank you for the step by step solution but it is not working, i already have Motion smootness to Adaptive and still it is lagging. May be software update might fix it.
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I hope you have better luck with that phone @pradeepvoolla. Just found a glitch affecting YouTube for me in that the videos will sometimes play in fill screen mode and sometimes not despite me setting the toggle to always fill the screen in settings. I have to switch the toggle to fill screen off and back on again for it to resume in full screen mode. The sooner this is fixed the better.
0 Likes
bodkin
Apprentice
Options

I've had UK version of sn 20 5g ultra, it's excellent when all OK,  however this is never the case, sometimes I cannot see keyboard to input info, it heats up so much, sound quality in calls appalling 30% of the time, now there's a constant spurge mark on the screen, it's terrible, purchased as contract phone 5months no insurance as £1300 should be sound, no risk of damage theft.  I've already purchased accessories protector screen cases etc.  Really disappointed 

0 Likes