Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Issue crashes/reboots/freezes several times a day.

(Topic created on: 15-01-2022 09:22 AM)
SweUltra
Journeyman
Options

Since I received my phone last week, I am experience major instability. Freezes/crashes and reboots 30 – 40 times a day. Been promised a new phone when it is restocked. However, can’t stop digging in to it and created a dump of logfile etc and found the following in one of them (last_dataresizing) and wonder if I have developer kernel?

<4>[    0.000000] [0:        swapper:    0] **   NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE   **

<4>[    0.000000] [0:        swapper:    0] **                                                      **

<4>[    0.000000] [0:        swapper:    0] ** trace_printk() being used. Allocating extra memory.  **

<4>[    0.000000] [0:        swapper:    0] **                                                      **

<4>[    0.000000] [0:        swapper:    0] ** This means that this is a DEBUG kernel and it is     **

<4>[    0.000000] [0:        swapper:    0] ** unsafe for production use.                           **

<4>[    0.000000] [0:        swapper:    0] ** If you see this message and you are not debugging    **

<4>[    0.000000] [0:        swapper:    0] ** the kernel, report this immediately to your vendor!  **

<4>[    0.000000] [0:        swapper:    0] **                                                      **

<4>[    0.000000] [0:        swapper:    0] **   NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE   **

<4>[    0.000000] [0:        swapper:    0] **********************************************************

12 REPLIES 12
afals
Explorer
Options
Hi Kat. I sent an email of complaint to my service provider in the end, expressing my frustration and stating how mamy times I have contscted O2 and Samsung to try and resolve it but nothing had worked(I even sent an email to BBC's X-ray program as I was so frustrated lol!). I told them I had screenshots from forums of many other people facing this issue and I had kept a log of my own of every time the device restarted and crashed.

Anyhoo, a lovely person from O2 called me last week and told me she had read my email, looked into my chats with O2 online and she could see that I had tried everything to resolve the faulty device- also a new phone should have been sent out to me when I had contacted them and was one day out from the 30 day warranty as my phone clearly was faulty, and I had tried to resolve the issue for weeks since getting it.

So, to my absolute relief, a replacement was arranged and after receiving the new device I sent the faulty one back.

So long story short, I received a replacement.
And if it wasn't for all you lovely people I would have lost my marbles!!!
0 Likes
afals
Explorer
Options
This is so frustrating! If you purchased your phone through O2 or Vodafone etc.. you are entitled to a replacement within 30 days I believe. Don't let them mess about because before you know it they tell you it's 'too late' to replace it. You have multiple people here facing the same issue, who have been told the same thing "clear the cache, send it in for repairs, it's a third party app causing the issue.." and by the time you've done all this, done several trouble shoots, waited for software updates and even factory reset your NEW PHONE how many times.. the issue still prevails.
Send a complaint if you're not being listened to because it really isn't fair that so many people are paying for a device that isn't reliable and clearly has a hardware issue.
0 Likes
afals
Explorer
Options
If your device is sent in for repairs, from my experience, it took about a week from sending and receiving the device back when it was sent into Samsung repairs(the first time and the second time it was sent in it was back within a few days).
A replacement phone was sent out through my service provider on the Friday and I received it on the Monday, although this might vary depending on delivery but should definitely be with you in less than a week 👍🏻
0 Likes