Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Issue crashes/reboots/freezes several times a day.

(Topic created on: 06-02-2021 08:37 PM)
SweUltra
Journeyman
Options

Since I received my phone last week, I am experience major instability. Freezes/crashes and reboots 30 – 40 times a day. Been promised a new phone when it is restocked. However, can’t stop digging in to it and created a dump of logfile etc and found the following in one of them (last_dataresizing) and wonder if I have developer kernel?

<4>[    0.000000] [0:        swapper:    0] **   NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE   **

<4>[    0.000000] [0:        swapper:    0] **                                                      **

<4>[    0.000000] [0:        swapper:    0] ** trace_printk() being used. Allocating extra memory.  **

<4>[    0.000000] [0:        swapper:    0] **                                                      **

<4>[    0.000000] [0:        swapper:    0] ** This means that this is a DEBUG kernel and it is     **

<4>[    0.000000] [0:        swapper:    0] ** unsafe for production use.                           **

<4>[    0.000000] [0:        swapper:    0] ** If you see this message and you are not debugging    **

<4>[    0.000000] [0:        swapper:    0] ** the kernel, report this immediately to your vendor!  **

<4>[    0.000000] [0:        swapper:    0] **                                                      **

<4>[    0.000000] [0:        swapper:    0] **   NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE   **

<4>[    0.000000] [0:        swapper:    0] **********************************************************

12 REPLIES 12
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@SweUltra 

hello

kindly disregard the message

this means a single or couple of app/product is acting nasty

give your phone a factory data reset after a backup

if persists, a phone replacement is recommended for your peace of mind

cheers 😉🆗

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
SweUltra
Journeyman
Options

Thanks, have reset/rebooted still instability.

headers1983
Explorer
Options

Having the same issue on the s21 ultra.

wondered if it was smart switch potentially causing it.

retried with no apps

same again random restarts after a period of time.

ive go no custom apps they are all from the store

SweUltra
Journeyman
Options

My replacement phone arrived a few days ago.  Not a single crash since.  Looks like it was hardware issue.

parthyp
First Poster
Options

same issue with my Galaxy S21. Reset to factory settings, same issue. might have to get it replace

Naju NC
First Poster
Options

I bought new E21 ultra on 11th Feb. Since then I'm facing the same issues mentioned, like Freezes/reboots many times per day. After I took to service Center and they could analyze the issue and was ready to replace. But later I got call direct from Samsung and told me the issue is with software and not with hardware. They also asked me to contact Google or Facebook to fix the application issue as the software is having problem. I felt strange with this answer for them to reject my replacement of device as I had purchased mobile with software and I believe Samsung is responsible for all the default applications running on it. I really don't know now what should I do as I haven't used the mobile a single day.

Please anyone advice what to be done. 

afals
Explorer
Options
Hello SweUltra. I've been having major issues with my Galaxy S21, I've only had it since August this year and it's already been sent in for repairs twice(of course they couldn't find any issues)and I've factory reset my phone 4 times. My phone is still turning itself off for no reason- can I ask how you went about replacing your phone? I'm sick of this problem now and don't feel I am being listened to by the Samsung Team. Thanks in advance
Kat44
Student
Options

I've only had my phone a week and it's constantly turning off then on I've backed up reset it doesn't work I'll be sending mine back too does anyone know how long it takes to get it back or get sent a new one? 

Kat44
Student
Options

Did you find a solution or get a new phone? 

0 Likes