Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S21 Ultra is not charging after update

(Topic created on: 04-11-2021 06:58 PM)
Shabab
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
After the last UI One 4 beta update, my s21 ultra has stopped charging using a USB cable. I have tried to charge with different cables and Samsung charges but no luck. However, wireless charging is working fine. I don't know if anyone else is having the same issue.
4 REPLIES 4
Blessed4life
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
Hi I know this is time consuming, backup your phone & do a factory reset, that will fix your charging issue.
0 Likes
Shabab
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
How can I back up data as the USB C port is not working when connecting it with a laptop?
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Maker ★★
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

Running Beta on a phone can come hand in hand with issues however I've not come across that this has affected charging.

So it may not be the update but instead either a hardware issue although do use a torch to look inside the charging port to see if there is any debris inside.

Are you able to use a wireless charger in the interim ?

A Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre can take a look at the phone's charging port @Shabab 

Backing up the phone can be carried out using Samsung Cloud, Samsung Onedrive and to other online vaults such as Dropbox etc.

Current Phone > Samsung Z Fold³ 5G. > Software : Android 12 ~ Samsung One Ui 4.

0 Likes
Quintin_K
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

I had the same issue. I freaked out and quickly searched and found this forum, just updated to A12 yesterday on my S21 Ultra. After 3 hours of Fast Charging I gained 4% then it dropped 2%. It then randomly started to slowly charge... I disabled Fast Charging, pulled out the plug and did a restart. Once restarted I enabled Fast Charging again and now I am getting about 70%/hr charge. I have it limited to 80/85% Max Charge. Purchased March 2021 NZ.

0 Likes