Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra is not charging after update

(Topic created on: 04-11-2021 06:58 PM)
Shabab
Apprentice
Options
After the last UI One 4 beta update, my s21 ultra has stopped charging using a USB cable. I have tried to charge with different cables and Samsung charges but no luck. However, wireless charging is working fine. I don't know if anyone else is having the same issue.
6 REPLIES 6
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi I know this is time consuming, backup your phone & do a factory reset, that will fix your charging issue.
0 Likes
Shabab
Apprentice
Options
How can I back up data as the USB C port is not working when connecting it with a laptop?
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Running Beta on a phone can come hand in hand with issues however I've not come across that this has affected charging.

So it may not be the update but instead either a hardware issue although do use a torch to look inside the charging port to see if there is any debris inside.

Are you able to use a wireless charger in the interim ?

A Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre can take a look at the phone's charging port @Shabab 

Backing up the phone can be carried out using Samsung Cloud, Samsung Onedrive and to other online vaults such as Dropbox etc.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Quintin_K
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue. I freaked out and quickly searched and found this forum, just updated to A12 yesterday on my S21 Ultra. After 3 hours of Fast Charging I gained 4% then it dropped 2%. It then randomly started to slowly charge... I disabled Fast Charging, pulled out the plug and did a restart. Once restarted I enabled Fast Charging again and now I am getting about 70%/hr charge. I have it limited to 80/85% Max Charge. Purchased March 2021 NZ.

0 Likes
vincent_79
First Poster
Options
Did you ever solve this problem? Mine has done the same and samsung are not being any help. They won't believe an update caused it. Tey just tell me that it must be the cable, the charger or the port. Its none of these.
MidnightC4
Journeyman
Options

This is ridiculous just happened to me and I couldn't backup or transfer my Photos or video due to keeping cutting out when plugged in and switching off every time I try to charge. I eventually lost my battery and won't charge. I manage to check the diagnosis battery was good and bought new official chargers

0 Likes