Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra - Initial impressions!!

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 07:16 AM)
Vetri
Voyager
Options
After watching loads of reviews, finally received my S21 Ultra yesterday and I haven't stopped messing with Camera, binge watching videos so these are my Initial thoughts:

- its surprisingly comfortable to hold 
- phantom black is ultra gorgeous 
- screen is gorgeous too
- buds pro connects and works seamlessly 
- no alarming level of heat noticed yet

Camera:

- I have to agree with Sammobile; Samsungs needs to step up their post processing game big time. A great hardware but I can't say the same about the software. Zoom is great but the final output is messed up during post processing 

- portrait outputs are sometimes worse than midrange because edge detection is way off

- detail is lost when lighting is not ideal whereas the big 'G' has been nailing it with a mediocre hardware since last 4 years

- but boy video on this phone is simply great. 

- speakers are decent but not great 

I'm not trying to be too critical but this is a £1200 phone so the absolute basic like above cannot be compromised 

A lot of these could be improved via updates over the coming weeks so lets wait and see. Until then let me continue my experiments and share my experience 
13 REPLIES 13
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@Vetri 

that's so nice and lovely 😍

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It's great to hear your really liking your new phone @Vetri 

I bet it looked weird at first when you handled the retail box with it being so slim now due to what's inside.

I've come across other posts and YouTube videos from people that state it's nice to hold with how the corners are rounded and many are liking the new phantom black that Samsung have introduced.

How's the weight of the phone feel ? Is it balanced.

I've looked at the new Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro but as I'm using the Samsung Buds Live right now which have the fit of just sitting in the ear and not into my ear canal I prefer that feel. Appreciate the seal isn't as good this way. So how's the active noise cancellation on the new version  ?

I agree that with such a feature rich flagship phone with a hefty price tag the phone has to excel and exceed people's expectations.

I appreciate you've only had the phone for a short period of time thus far so would love to hear your thoughts again after using it longer and have been able to push it a little harder.

Do you miss the Sd card option ? Personally I don't use Sd cards so wouldn't miss that option anyway but I do appreciate many make use of that option however.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I am getting my buds pro today can't wait. as for the S21 ultra it's just too big an expensive , last year you didn't get too many cut backs for going for the S20. let us know how it goes over time, I tend to buy my S series later in the year. I bought my s20 5G in November £600 on black Friday
Vetri
Voyager
Options
personally I don't miss SD as I never use it

in terms of weight I feel it's well balanced but people with small hands might think otherwise

buds pro ANC is decent but do not expect Sony or Bose level. it does the job. but my favourite feature is talk detect, if you speak while buds pro is active, it lowers the volume and waits for you to finish
0 Likes
Vetri
Voyager
Options
makes complete sense buying S series few months after a release because you can get some crazy discounts. since I'm coming from s10plus this new s21u doesn't feel big
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
you see I had an s10 plus and went down to an S20 but the S20 is 6.2 and the s10 plus is 6.4 so I don't see a huge difference, I suppose I would have to hold the s21 ultra before I judge, I love Big phones but they are just not pocketable I don't want some of my £1200 poking out the top of my pocket saying hi to everyone 🤣 I think 6.5 screen are the sweet spot I do like this s20 though is very petite but still big enough the battery life is just not great as I am an all day user
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I think I will end up going for the ultra eventually though just not till November time
0 Likes
Vetri
Voyager
Options
👍
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Vetri 

I like to sometimes sing along to my music , probably very poorly ! But wouldn't that lower the volume too ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes