Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Idle Battery Drain issue

(Topic created on: 10-06-2021 02:30 PM)
Kasim2409
Voyager
Options
I've had the phone since release date in the UK and it's been great! Have been keeping on top with every software update so it has the latest installed however even before the most recent update i've found the battery to be draining a lot over night whilst idle. To give you a perspective i keep the Wifi / Mobile Data, Bluetooth & Sync (for my emails) on with Dark Mode always enabled. 

I always let it go down to atleast 5% and then fully charge it to 100%. I'm also trying to charge it at a maximum of once a day to preseve the battery as much as i can

Has anyone else had any issues with battery drain on the S21 Ultra or S21 Series in general & can give me any tips on how to prevent it?

Thanks in advance 🙂
10 REPLIES 10
CodyH
Voyager
Options
Check setting - battery and device care - then click battery - click usage since last full charg.

And see if anything there taking lot of power.
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Mine drains like crazy too and I check battery usage and nothing out of the normal. I've used gsam battery monitor and for me it's the camera wakd lock that drains while display is off and I'm walking with phone in pocket. Screenshot_20210609-204245_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20210603-072007_GSam Battery Monitor.jpg
0 Likes
Kasim2409
Voyager
Options
aah that's a shame, they really need to fix this! I just downloaded gsam battery monitor, i'll see what that tells me. thanks for the info 😅
99kingcone
Pathfinder
Options
here is another tip download galaxy labs as this optimises all of your apps, after your monthly update, it will notify you that you're phone is needing a boost which galaxy labs also does, it's a really good app try it out download from galaxy store 😊
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
It's not advised the keep topping up to 100% > keeping battery between 30-80% is optimal, especially if you are at home / near a charger. If your going out for the day with no access to charging then of course start the day at 100%
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Don't get hopes up for AUF2 fixing the problem. 🤬🤬🤬 COME ON SAMSUNG... SORT YOUR ***** OUT.Screenshot_20210610-070508_Samsung Internet.jpg
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Have you managed to use GSam and find the CaneraService_Worker wakelock?
0 Likes
DianDD
Voyager
Options
Don't know about the drain, I have no problems on airplane mode on s21 night time,battery stay still till the morning but you mentioned that you're charging when you hit around 5% which is not recommended for these batteries. You better put it on the charger when it is around 30% to 20%. Optimum performance of the battery is when kept between 50% and 80% but even keeping it all the time 30%-80% in real life is just ridiculous(have to be servant of your phone)
0 Likes
DianDD
Voyager
Options
Oh yeah I just posted comment about that and then saw yours. True if you're near the charger but the port would wear out quickly isn't it? What's your opinion about magnetic charger which stays in the phone usb constantly? Good app to notifies you when you're at certain % is Accubattery but Samsung UI is killing the app constantly and doesn't let it work when youre in "discharging" state no matter what settings and optimizations you turn off it is another bad behaviour coming from UI 3.1
0 Likes