Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra - I can't wipe cache partition with moisture detected error

(Topic created on: 12-08-2021 07:21 PM)
Jupiter_s4msung
Journeyman
Options

S21 ultra - I can't wipe cache partition with moisture detected error.

it is 3 days with "moisture detected error" with no reason. I can recharge my phone only with wireless charger. I want to try to wipe cache partition to try to reset this error but it needs to plug in usb cable (android  11). Of course I can't do it cause the alert is thrown (moisture error)

So, how can I wipe cache  partition in this scenario?

9 REPLIES 9
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
Sometimes with moisture if water has got in the phone I think it cannot be undone
Any phone in fact.

I think if you have tried all or let phone dry etc or still no improvements.

Best get a Samsung expert to look in store.
StephK1
Options

Hey @Jupiter_s4msung! Not too sure about bypassing the need for the cable, but if your phone hasn't been in contact with water, have you tried clearing the cache of USBSettings, in case it's an error in there? You can find this in Settings > Apps > 3 line menu (across from 'Your apps') > USBSettings > Storage > Clear cache. 

If it has been in contact with water, as @sarasphotobox mentioned, it's best to get this inspected by an engineer. You can check out your options here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/ 🙂

Jupiter_s4msung
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for suggestion but I already tried to clear usbsettings cache and reboot phone but the alert never disappear.

My phone hasn't been in contact with water or humid places. The alert was thrown during a wired recharge cycle 3 days ago and it is still there. So it is why I want to attempt to wipe cache partition before to apply an hard reset as a last resort.

KholaI
Options

Have you tried a Soft Reset? This will reboot your phone without clearing any data. You can do this by holding the Power and Volume Down button for around 10 seconds.

0 Likes
Jupiter_s4msung
Journeyman
Options

Hi @kholal, I already tried with soft reset, I forgot to mention that, sorry but thank you anyway for the suggestion.

I am trying to know if a way exists to apply the wipe cache partition with usb port KO but I cannot still find any solution for that

0 Likes
Paule3
Pioneer
Options
Place phone into a sealed plastic bag full of rice for a few hours, this will soak up any moisture if any as this is what it's telling you...don't forget to use good quality Type C cable from phone into a PC as Samsung have changed the way you enter recovery mode on the S21 ULTRA...
0 Likes
walwo94
Apprentice
Options

This is the exact issue that I am facing in my device as you can see here with chache partition please help me to solve this issue.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@walwo94: If you have tried wiping the cache for USBSettings, and have attempted a Soft Reset, then please head to the Samsung Members app > Get Help > Interactive Checks > USB, and run through the on screen instructions. If this flags any issues then please reach out to our Help Desk on 0333 000 0333, or via Facebook or Twitter, to arrange an engineers inspection. 

0 Likes
648charlie
First Poster
Options

I did a factory reset and it solved the problem..It was not a big deal...took about 10 minutes and backup returned all my apps

0 Likes