Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra heating up and battery drain

(Topic created on: 03-02-2021 02:38 PM)
pradeepvoolla
Pioneer
Options
Did anyone experience lot of heat in the back of the phone while using the phone connected to cellular network and heavy battery loss as well...

I am thinking weather to keep the phone or return it...😔
26 REPLIES 26
pradeepvoolla
Pioneer
Options
yes, will do that thanks
Phil A
Pioneer
Options

yeah, I might do that as well as I've seen some posts saying that their issues went away after a factory reset and not using smart switch.

pradeepvoolla
Pioneer
Options
yaa, sure
0 Likes
Guy41
Navigator
Options

Please update if the factory reset changed your user experience significantly (less overheating and smoother camera). Thanks!

0 Likes
Mus101
Apprentice
Options

I first got my S21 last Friday, it was also getting very hot when using the camera. Got a replacement on Sunday but unfortunately doing the same thing. Now unsure if I wait for the issue to go and return it. Has anyone been able to diagnose and resolve the issue? Also yes software is updated to latest firmware

Phil A
Pioneer
Options

Yeah, mine still gets warm during camera use but not enough to make it uncomfortable might be cause I'm using a case though, I'm going to wait a few more days and see if it gets resolved, initially it was getting really hot as well but I got an update on the 30th that made it a little better but it's still getting warm.

Mus101
Apprentice
Options

Some people are saying wait for a software update, but can an overheating issue by resolved by a software update? Or is it a hardware issue - what does everyone else think?

0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
overheating rubbish .. s21 ultra all it did was get very hot fry an egg on it hot 🔥 message saying to hot all the time with normal usage google search ..if you used the camera got even hotter ...slowed down all the time after it got so hot ....tried reset etc in the end had for 5 days gave up on it sent back to samsung for full refund and went back to my old S10 5g that has no problems..for £1329 its not good enough from Samsung..... I got a feeling this could be a samung note 7 moment ...so many people i see have same over heating problem samsung have to say something ....
0 Likes
pradeepvoolla
Pioneer
Options
sorry to hear that, i tried every thing and now i am just returning my device back and asking for replacement, if the new device is same then i will ask for refund as well
Helix_One
Explorer
Options
Mine is constantly showing temperature too high after using the camera 3 or 4 minutes

Screenshot_20210203-151926_Camera_10507.jpg

0 Likes