Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra heating & camera issues - WHERE IS SAMSUNG'S RESPONSE??

(Topic created on: 01-02-2021 11:52 AM)
Guy41
Navigator
Options

I've already posted earlier regrading the extreme overheating I'm experiencing with my S21 Ultra, and also commented as to how the camera lags and stutters (Esp. in portrait & 108mp modes).

I can, maybe, accept a new product not being fully optimized although I suspect this is a hardware issue.

What I cannot accept is Samsung *not replying or addressing* any of the posts here.
SAMSUNG - people paid significant amount of their hard-earned money to have a flagship product. 
We expect to see flagship customer service and communication.

Thank you.

35 REPLIES 35
London2tim
Helping Hand
Options

no problems on mine - unlocked s21 ultra 256GB - UK

which is quite a change from last year when the s20+ i had was hot as a frying pan - barely could hold it in my hand - but eventually after more Sfw updates and with a skin on the back - it wasnt as bad

However this year maybe i was lucky - no heat no matter what i throw at it - the only issue i would say - is something many are having and was kind of expecting it - the screen pinkish hue at angle - due to high display on at +WQHD 

maybe they can fix that 

London2tim
Helping Hand
Options

also when i check my IMEI is saying the phone is out of warranty LOL

Success

Model Info: MOBILE SM-G998B BLACK EUA
IMEI Number: 350299943xxxxx
Master Number: 35029994356xxxx
Serial Number: R5CR112Dxxx
Model Number: SM-G998BZKGEUA
Model Name: SM-G998B
Warranty Status: Out of Warranty
Estimated Warranty End Date: 31-03-2002
Production location: Korea SEC
Production Date: 13-01-2021
Carrier: Factory Unlocked
GSMA Blacklist Status: Clean

IMEICheck.com
0 Likes
Gionike
Voyager
Options
I've posted a couple of times on here with same issue. this is my 2nd phone now with overheating issue. I've called EE again today for the 3rd replacement. can't understand what's going on. this could be the last straw if all fails. I will have no option but to get am iphone
Ksn
Explorer
Options

In India they are not even replacing the phones. Got my phone back from service center. They say it should reach 48° Celsius and above. Mines easily going over 44 with just 2mins of camera usage. Battery is draining faster. Not even lasting half a day. Samsung India is a ***** hole with no way out. Judging by your experience replacements are also not satisfactory.Will use it for a few days. Get it tested at a private lab and file a case in consumer court here and get a full refund. I don't see any other option here. Wish Huawei wasn't deprived of android 😪😔

0 Likes
Guy41
Navigator
Options

Well I'm with my 2nd unit now.

It's somewhat better than the first one, however it still overheats (~45 centigrade) and it does not crash due to extreme overheating. Still,  it is very obvious the heat causes processor throttling and that's obvious in benchmarks and in power-hungry modes in camera (108mp and portrait modes). I am almost certain now it's a software issue as it's highly unlikely I would have received two faulty units. And extremely unlikely you would three. I will probably choose to keep the phone as I can't see anything else I would buy that has this combination of features (quick cpu, incredible screen, very versatile camera system(Huawei not an option without android and I really don't like Iphones). But it is extremely frustrating that such a major electronics company allows such a half-baked product on the market, and at such a high price.

0 Likes
Gionike
Voyager
Options
I feel sorry for you brother. India is tough. becaregil if you take to a private lab, you don't want to void the guarantee by tempering with it. my battery doesn't seem to drain too fast though. shame about Huawei cos they were making amazing devices.
0 Likes
Gionike
Voyager
Options
I know what you mean and I feel totally gutted but somehow I feel like it's probably just a simple tweak that will fix everything and it will become the best smartphone ever cos it has everything. I just hope Samsung has picked up on it and act quick
0 Likes
Ksn
Explorer
Options

Samsung has not addressed a single issue about overheating publicly yet. Why's it shading us 😫

Gionike
Voyager
Options
I think they just want to address it with a fix ie software update
0 Likes
Ksn
Explorer
Options

I know warranty will be void. Because Samsung service centers are instructed not to replace any until further instructions.  It's frustrating.  I'm glad I haven't sold one plus 8 pro yet.What do I do if there's no replacement or refund policy like other countries in India??

0 Likes