Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra green line issue please solve my issue

(Topic created on: 15-01-2023 01:02 PM)
drstone
Journeyman
Options
My S21 Ultra has a vertical green line on the display without any physical damage it is very unfair Samsung should at least provide me a free display replacement because there is no physical damage
The phone is only 2 years old 
Samsung Sri Lanka's customer service is the worst which is the reason I had to contact another countries customer support please forward my message on to the higher executives and solve my issue

Thank you 

My tweet about this issue

29 REPLIES 29
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
This person's issue is with the S21 and not the S23 range. The phone is likely an older phone
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
MOBILEUNITED213
Navigator
Options
He got the image of Google
Carlvig
Pathfinder
Options
Also failed to mention his phone is 2 years old before the line appeared and failed to include the pic with his case that tells a different story about how the phone has been handled. Screenshot_20230219_114543_Google_1000010407_1676807173.jpg
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I found these pics on twitter, you can't trust anything in this post
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Oh no I already purchased the S23 Ultra😳 Whatever should I do?
0 Likes
MOBILEUNITED213
Navigator
Options
Don't worry he lied
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
😬
0 Likes
drstone23
Student
Options

Dear Samsung,

I am writing to you about a problem I have with my Samsung S21 Ultra phone. I bought this phone in March 2021 and it was working fine until recently. A few weeks ago, I noticed a thin green vertical line running from the top to the bottom of my screen. The line does not go away even after restarting the phone or using it in safe mode. It is very annoying and affects my user experience. I have searched online and found out that this is a common issue with some Samsung models. Many other users have reported the same issue, indicating that this is not an isolated incident.

I have also spoken with some of my friends who are also Samsung users, and they have experienced similar issues with their phones. I have not dropped my phone or exposed it to water, so I don't think it is a physical damage. I am very disappointed with this issue and I hope you can provide me with a solution as soon as possible. I have attached some photos of my screen with the green line for your reference. Please let me know what steps I need to take to fix this problem or if I can get a replacement or a refund for my phone.

Thank you for your attention and cooperation.

Sincerely,

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @drstone23 

A Samsung phone I owned a few years ago had this issue which turned out to be a faulty connection between the display and internal boards via the ribbon.

Samsung repaired this under the Limited 2 Year Manufacturers Warranty.

If a phone is out of warranty then Samsung will still want to assist. 

May I suggest you contact / arrange a repair via Samsung Support > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/ 

If the UK isn't your region then use Google Search to find yours and kr contact Samsung directly.

Unfortunately this cannot be achieved via your post here.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

drstone23
Student
Options
So should I replace the entire display or just the ribbon cable?