Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra gaming

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 10:50 PM)
Gillerz10
Voyager
Options

Hi everyone.

So I am loving everything about my ultra, but one big problem. With some games I find the phone lags, quite badly. For example Madden, Fortnite and Golf battle, I don't know why this is. It runs Call of Duty perfectly which is a performance demanding game so it obviously is capable. I just don't know why it's lagging on games my Note 10+ didn't?

22 REPLIES 22
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Use an app to check that the phone is not getting too hot as that will cause it to thermal throttle.
Also check in the game booster that it is set to "Focus on performance", and not Balanced, or Focus on power saving
0 Likes
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@Gillerz10 

hello

maximise the game booster - how to guide

then disable Limit CPU speed under device care → battery 

thanks 😉🆗

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
Gillerz10
Voyager
Options

Hi, I already am on focused on performance. And the games lag as soon as I go onto them so the throttling isn't an issue. I just don't understand why COD runs perfectly then a game that is far less demanding like golf battle is lagging constantly 

0 Likes
Gillerz10
Voyager
Options

I already have the phone on enhanced performance so CPU shouldn't be a problem, and game booster is already set to focus on performance 

0 Likes
Bradleigh
Voyager
Options
maybe try and disable temperature monitoring in the game booster options 👌
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Check out the reviews of Battle Golf on Play Store, everybody is complaining about the app so I doubt the problem is your phone. Check it out.
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
definitely sounds like the app and not the phone.
0 Likes
Gillerz10
Voyager
Options

Thank you all for your replies! Is just strange because they ran perfectly on my Note, maybe they need an update to be optimised on the Ultra, fingers crossed anyway haha

0 Likes
XxsirexX
Student
Options
I play pokemon go and know its not demanding on graphics but it constantly hits temperature of 42-45 °c and if I want to screen record or speak to someone on the phone the temperature hits 54 °c
0 Likes