Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra (g998bxxu3aue1) cannot add a mobile a mobile plan in Galaxy Wearable (Galaxy Watch SM-R815F)

(Topic created on: 08-06-2021 08:59 AM)
alternate
Journeyman
Options

Hi all,

I'd like to use my Galaxy Watch (SM-R815F) with LTE. So I went to the mobile app "Galaxy Wearable > Mobile Plans" and wanted to add the mobile plan but the application is not finding anything. Hopped that there is possibility to scan the QR code but even this option is not available, message says "For more information, contact your service provider". Of course I have contacted the mobile provider, got downloaded the QR code to activate eSIM, but the application does not give me a chance to scan the QR code. 

Any idea what could be wrong? 

s21 mp error.png

Kind regards,

mc

8 REPLIES 8
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
What network are you on?
0 Likes
alternate
Journeyman
Options

I do use 2 network operators:

SIM1: Orange PL

SIM2: Vodafone DE

Neither of them works. 

0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
Ah right sorry I don't know about any networks outside the UK
0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
Hey @alternate, do you currently have a watch plan with your provider? To my knowledge you need to add a watch plan to your account by contacting your mobile provider which will then allow you add the plan to your watch. I think it costs about £8 extra on top of your plan, give or take a few pounds.
0 Likes
alternate
Journeyman
Options

Hi @Risky24,

Yes I do. Actually I do have it active for both SIM cards and it works. Was able to run it on S21 (Settings > Connections > SIM card manager > eSIMs > Add mobile plan), here opens the the way to scan carrier QR code (even though there is an error "No plans found" I can hit "Scan carrier QR code" to activate eSIM). But in this way I am able to run the smartphone one eSIM and I want to run the smartwatch on eSIM and "Galaxy Wearable" does not give the chance to scan the QR code 😞 

s21u.png

KR

0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
Ah ok well that's one possibility eliminated. Maybe you should contact the network provider to reset your watch plan since you changed phone. I remember after changing mine I had to contact them to replace the esim to add to the watch again. I'm with EE though so I'm not sure whether O2 and Vodafone operate in the same manner but it's worth giving it a shot.
0 Likes
alternate
Journeyman
Options

I do not think this is the problem @Risky24.

The problem is that "Galaxy Wearable" does not have the way to scan the QR code 😞

KR

Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
Yea I'm not sure. I was going according to my experience. When I go to add a plan in 'wearable' it takes me to the EE website to sign up. Wish these things could be simpler because as it stands it's a headache to sort.