Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra front camera issues

(Topic created on: 12-02-2021 03:01 PM)
Arj615
Student
Options

I am having this annoying problem when I use the front camera,esp in low light. Picture is showing up with lines in rainbow colors. If i turn of and on camera app, it goes away sometimes. It doesnt come up everytime. I did update softwares, cleaned up RAM and ran tests that were recomended in troubleshooting, the issue still persists.  Anybody seen similar issues?

23 REPLIES 23
Mamushi
Journeyman
Options

Exactly 😞

0 Likes
Mamushi
Journeyman
Options

They might be able to fix it with software though. Because if it starts happening and I put my phone in airplane mode the issue stops. But if i turn it back on and I am still in the camera app it seems to be gone until I got out and back in. 

0 Likes
dela4220
Journeyman
Options

Here's the thing, they won't address it until this problem goes viral. It needs to be seen, on youtube or twitter.

0 Likes
Abraham1834
Student
Options

Same problem second week troubleshooting, next step reset to factory settings the phone..15 days old phone...

0 Likes
Mamushi
Journeyman
Options

Don't reset to factory default. Won't fix the issue. 

Abraham1834
Student
Options

Samsung support is horrible unprofessional also have you chasing your tail, the issue with the front camera is a known issue...My phone is 11 days when reported the issue for first time , documented and them refuse to replace honestly....With kind of support never going to buy  again Samsung 

0 Likes
Arj615
Student
Options

Cant agree more. I tried chatting with their tech experts coupel of times. They were totally clueless and didnt want to help at all. The only option they know is return the equipment within 15days!

0 Likes
dela4220
Journeyman
Options

Same here, they offered to replace my phone but I had to send this 1 back and be phoneless for 2 weeks or so. So after reading that some had there device replaced several times with the same issues I gave up. Looks like this might be a hardware issue where the 5g signal is interfering with the front camera frequency maybe if that's a thing.

0 Likes
Abraham1834
Student
Options

I'd related with the antenna if switch to 4g lte the issue dissappear..Already vontacyed BBB live  in DC them going to the FCC

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@Mamushi wrote:

Interesting to know it's happening in Europe too. 

Interestingly, apart from lorchee (and of course myself), all the other folks posting in this thread are coming up as US-based to me.

But I'd definitely encourage Europe-based users to try and see if they can replicate the same thing and share it on this thread. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes