Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra frequently crashing and restarting

(Topic created on: 21-04-2021 12:17 PM)
nel52
Apprentice
Options
Does anyone else have this issue with s21 ultra? My phone is constantly crashing and restarting,even after factory data reset and with no 3rd party apps installed. Phone has been sent back from samsung repair centre with no repairs carried out as they claim it's fine. So dissapointing after purchasing a new phone,2 months in i'm unable to use it
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

Did you make the steps as outlined in the couple of sticky posts at the top of this thread ?  

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/permanent-fix-for-app-crashes-available/m-p/31...

Smiley

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
nel52
Apprentice
Options
Yes i did, according to samsung engineers they have also updated everything on phone. thanks
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

Ok I thought I would ask.   Under what circumstances do these crash occasions occur ?  There is not much detail in your original post. 

What are you doing when this happens ?  Any sequence of events where you can actually reproduce it to occur ?   How frequently does it happen ?  

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
nel52
Apprentice
Options
It happens at any time, e.g. while i'm in app (again,not 3rd party,none on phone now, happened this am while in settings & members), happens while no apps are open and phone is not in use with screen off, and it restarted as i was going through phone setup after receiving it back from engineers. Before sending it off it was restarting constantly, i estimate 40+ times a day. This AM it has restared 4 times - im keeping screenshots to provide to engineers as it's going back again this weekend. I am submitting the error reports as well for what it's worth.
0 Likes
Vinnieac
Apprentice
Options
I also have this issue, just posted on the community. I sent it back to Samsung and they also say there is no problem and are returning it with no repair. Mine would crash for no reason and the stock apps would fail, only reopening after a full factory reset. Phone still restarting randomly. This is clearly a fault that Samsung should rectify
0 Likes
nel52
Apprentice
Options
This is very frustrating, i also didnt post much details in the original post as I've gone through every possible troubleshooting step with support. I'm sending my phone back again for repair with screen shots of the error reports,i don't think it's acceptable for them to simply deny the problem and leave customers with a very costly non functional phone
0 Likes
Ghummy
Pioneer
Options
Please see my thread, we had the same issue, unusable phone. 2 repairs it took for samsung to change the motherboard which has now fixed the problem
nel52
Apprentice
Options
Thank you, I will keep at them then for a repair
0 Likes