Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Finger Print Problem solved itself.

(Topic created on: 04-02-2021 05:48 PM)
UlasC
Journeyman
Options
(2nd Day of use)
I had issue with my fingerprint not recognising that started after update and carried on to next day. I left the screen protector it came with on (so i dont scratch) and tested without... same problem. But later on 3rd day i deleted the fingerprints and re registered both my thumbs. An hour later its now working instantly. So to everyone, dont be alarned if it doesnt scan properly. Just give phone some time and maybe delete & register prints again and should work as told.

Also side note:
Coming from an s10+ user, the fingerprint is much higher. I am used to nearer to bottom. My thumbs are little smaller so might take me longer to get used to.
9 REPLIES 9
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
what's your biometrics software version?

Screenshot_20210204-175519_TADownloader.jpg

GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
yes it is very very fast, I come from an S20 Ultra and it is much more accurate and noticeably faster than that too. You can use it at it's highest capacity by disabling optimised battery for biometrics - Settings >> Search >> Optimising Battery Usage >> Select OBU >> drop down arrow from Apps not optimised to "All" Search biometrics, it will appear as something like "Samsung.Android.Biometrics" and toggle it off. unlock with your fingerprint a few times on the lit lock screen, and it will be a little more reliable and at it's highest availability. just an option, completely up to you. same goes for any app you feel isn't performing that well.
0 Likes
UlasC
Journeyman
Options
same version i have
0 Likes
UlasC
Journeyman
Options
UPDATE: The problem is the screen protector. (sorry to all). The fingerprint problem persisted and decided to remove the factory screen protector. No more problems. I tested against my s10+ and it is faster.
0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options

I had this problem before but didn't realize there was a plastic protective film over the factory installed screen protector. I removed it but kept the screen protector on and so far have zero issues with it. So my problems wasn't the screen protector but the extra protective film that was on top of the protector that is meant to be removed anyway. 

0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options

Hey can you check something for me if you don't mind since you've removed the screen protector? My display seem to have a pink or green tint when tilting the phone slightly and viewing off an angle which is especially noticeable on a white background. Is such an issue present on your device? I'm wondering if this is caused by the protector but don't want to remove mine. I've decided to return mine if not the case.

0 Likes
UlasC
Journeyman
Options
Hey. With mine there is no color tint with the second protector off. Im not sure if it is the second protector but if you can lift a small corner of screen and check. Check if you might have the night mode on or any color adjustment in display setting.

With the second issue about finger print, i meant i removed the second layer protector aswell. I did not know there was second layer until few days later but after removing the main screen protector my issue was also gone.
0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options

Thanks for the reply. I have this problem whether dark mode is on or off and also no colour adjustments. I didn't have this issue with my S20 Ultra though so it's a bit strange. 

0 Likes
Utopian888
First Poster
Options
Have same problem new screen protector put on and I can no longer use fingerprint ID / unlock ... This is a definite flaw
0 Likes