cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra, Facebook and Gallery selection

(Topic created on: 27-07-2021 01:22 PM)
Options
OK posted several times about this.

When on Facebook, and I comment on someone else post, I got to add a photo, and the camera roll is all over, and I know have a photo dated 1974, which was taken two months ago.
It don't let me have an option to select gallery, it only gives camera roll. 
When I do a post myself, it allows me to pic from gallery and then folders inside,
This is a major problem as Facebook is one of our business tolls, and getting our product out there. 
This is really annoying me know.

Any help at all

Pics below to show you I have no gallery to choose from

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Options
This is my settingsScreenshot_20210727-132510_Permission controller.jpg
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If FB isn't allowing that option, it's a problem with their app which only they can change. It's best to ask FB for support, sorry.
0 Likes
Options
Thanks mate, I have done, seems fine on the iPhone, and I have tried this with a few Samsung and its same issue.
0 Likes
Options
Is there any Samsung tech people on here, as also my camera roll decides to date photos 1974 from two months ago, so clearly a Samsung issue as well
0 Likes
DannyT
Options

Could you send through an error report? The engineers will then be able to take a look at this for you. Follow the steps here in this guide: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/mobile-apps-services/samsung-members-app-error-reporting/m-p/509...

Welcome to the Community!

SG1102
Explorer
Options
I also have this issue, it doesn't bring up my most recent photos. Usually ones from a few years ago.
Options
Annoying isn't it
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Research into this states Gallery is not a place but just a way of the app finding all photos on your device. Third party apps do not recognise Gallery. https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/2433715/cannot-select-photo-in-photos-app-and-share-it-...

I have also read about people with messed up camera roll on FB. Without the app, are your pics in order? THis is another FB app issue. A google search shows many, many people with the same issue.

0 Likes
SG1102
Explorer
Options
Very! I can take a photo and try upload it straight away but have to scroll through all the pics to find it. They aren't in any order. I thought it was a FB setting tbh but as you say, my partner has no issues on iPhone.
0 Likes