Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s21 ultra exynos - my opinion

(Topic created on: 09-02-2021 04:54 PM)
tinglish
Hotshot
Options

Hi guys

Just wanted to give my opinion on my s21 ultra exynos version.
So before I got my phone I done a bit of research, I mean spending £1000+ I'd be mad not to.i had concerns about about the overheating issues some people were having and the whole exynos v Snapdragon debate.

But in the end I decided to take the plunge and I got to be honest I'm so glad I did.ok yeah it's expensive but it really is a premium phone,I've had many many phones in the past and this is definitely the most premium of them all.and I love my phones I currently own 4 of them it's an addiction 😅.

Anyway like I said I have the exynos version (UK) and these are my pros and cons.

Pros:
1) battery is pretty solid,I'm currently on 77% battery with 3.5 hours SOT
2)it's super smooth just like my OnePlus 8t which is impressive
3)the display is just beautiful 😍
4)it's packed full of features,so much so I'll probably never even find them all
5)the design build of the phone is beautiful (I have the black one)
6)not had any overheating issues,the phone got warm when I transferred my data over from one of my other phones but I mean warm not "hot"
7)oh yeah the cameras are brilliant,I mean I'm not really one for taking lots of pictures so I'm no expert but definitely the best I've used on a phone.

Cons:
1)no charger/headphones in the box,I mean if you spend this much on a phone Samsung should give you the option to receive one free of charge if you don't have one already.
2)the phone is big,now this can be a pro or con,me personally I like it but just thought I'd put it in cons to fill the space😂

I would also like to give a mention to Samsung customer service who have been brilliant and the Samsung community some helpful people out there 👍.

Anyway that's my thoughts,thank you for coming to my Ted talk 😉
119 REPLIES 119
Phil A
Pioneer
Options

wow that's one hell of a SOT 😂 I get around 4 hours at 50% , but I'm just assuming it's down to the apps you use and different settings , I find that I get a bigger SOT when I'm just watching stuff cause of the adaptive refresh rate.

I also came from one plus, but it was one plus 7 pro so the upgrade was a bit bigger in terms of smoothness. With the size as well, at first I found it big and I could barely use it for a prolonged period of time with one hand but I've gotten used to it now

Screenshot_20210209-163554_Gallery.jpg

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
that's pretty got sot I can get that on a very good day but generally 50% is 3 hrs what phone you using Phil? yea I would get used to a big phone and I would have one but if the option is there I go for the compacy
0 Likes
Phil A
Pioneer
Options

s21 ultra phantom black, got the 512gb and 16gb RAM version , pretty happy with it so far, I was hesitant during the first few days but then it just grew on me plus I couldn't resist the pre order offer and didn't wanna return the buds pro 😂

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
the buds pro are brillant, that sounds like a right unit 🤣 I might get a bigger phone next time I am unsure, remember when I had an s8 plus I thought that was over kill 🤣
0 Likes
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
as you can see 89% battery with the phone being on for an hour and only half hour SoT at this rate I will never get to 4 😦

I loose 5 percent in 10 mins I haven't got anything that would cause significant battery drain horrible battery life for me and called up Samsung for a replacement/exchange.

I think my battery life is a joke compared to my s10e i get worse if not same battery life on a smaller battery AND 2 generation old SoC.

Donno what to do really apart of getting a replacement 🤯

Screenshot_20210209-185121_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
_Jonno
Voyager
Options
btw reset my battery so that's why it says learning usage patterns what are your settings? 1440p? etc etc
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
yeah I have wqhd on and adaptive display 120hz on.
have you watched that video yet some really good suggestions on there.
I have a few apps in deep sleep so they ain't running in the background (games,banking apps etc).
have you done a partition cache wipe in the system reboot settings?.
but I can't stress enough to have a look at that video on YouTube,I think I've managed to add at least 2 hours onto the battery.
I didn't do all the suggestions he said just the ones I wanted to without dialing down my phones performance.
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
yeah that's not bad sot,you can get it better if you put your apps to deep sleep so they are not running in the background.
I to have a op 7 pro love the all screen display, still one of the best

Screenshot_20210209-233054_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20210209-233112_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
tinglish I have fulfilled my need for a new piece of technology, bought myself an S7 tab, to be fair its something I needed as at the moment I'm on a tab S5E 🙂
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
🤣 oh no slippery slope ash,but seriously what the s7 tab like?.I'm looking at getting a tablet
0 Likes