Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s21 ultra exynos - my opinion

(Topic created on: 09-02-2021 05:50 AM)
tinglish
Hotshot
Options

Hi guys

Just wanted to give my opinion on my s21 ultra exynos version.
So before I got my phone I done a bit of research, I mean spending £1000+ I'd be mad not to.i had concerns about about the overheating issues some people were having and the whole exynos v Snapdragon debate.

But in the end I decided to take the plunge and I got to be honest I'm so glad I did.ok yeah it's expensive but it really is a premium phone,I've had many many phones in the past and this is definitely the most premium of them all.and I love my phones I currently own 4 of them it's an addiction 😅.

Anyway like I said I have the exynos version (UK) and these are my pros and cons.

Pros:
1) battery is pretty solid,I'm currently on 77% battery with 3.5 hours SOT
2)it's super smooth just like my OnePlus 8t which is impressive
3)the display is just beautiful 😍
4)it's packed full of features,so much so I'll probably never even find them all
5)the design build of the phone is beautiful (I have the black one)
6)not had any overheating issues,the phone got warm when I transferred my data over from one of my other phones but I mean warm not "hot"
7)oh yeah the cameras are brilliant,I mean I'm not really one for taking lots of pictures so I'm no expert but definitely the best I've used on a phone.

Cons:
1)no charger/headphones in the box,I mean if you spend this much on a phone Samsung should give you the option to receive one free of charge if you don't have one already.
2)the phone is big,now this can be a pro or con,me personally I like it but just thought I'd put it in cons to fill the space😂

I would also like to give a mention to Samsung customer service who have been brilliant and the Samsung community some helpful people out there 👍.

Anyway that's my thoughts,thank you for coming to my Ted talk 😉
119 REPLIES 119
vmd
Explorer
Options
whats your battery drain when using camera. can you show me your battery stats please
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @tinglish 

Fantastic that your enjoying your new phone.

Which storage capacity did you choose and how much of that is user available which is important now as the phone no longer accepts a Sd card.

I know what you mean about no charger brick but they are following suite to other manufacturers to reduce their carbon footprint,  and if I'm honest probably costs too in not supplying the brick , earphones and less packaging.  :winking-face:

I think they should still provide earphones ! 

Yes some have experienced their phone's heating up which is either a faulty phone or the phone is still optimising in my personal opinion. 

My preference is to not use Smartswitch when setting up a new phone which seems to cut out heating up.

Unfortunately it's not easy to pin down what's going on as we all set up our phone's differently with different apps etc.

A colleague at work upgraded to the new Samsung s21 Ultra Exynos version and the camera detail is very impressive.

I'm sure you'll adapt to the size in a relatively short period of time.

My eye is on the Phantom Black.

Enjoy :smiling-face:

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
glad you enjoying your new phone, I had my eye on the ultra but the size is a big con for me unfortunately. the whole charger thing they should have put it off another year until people had more 25w chargers. your battery life is very good, my s20 5g battery life is poor but I have constant location tracking on and WQHD and on top of that I am never of the thing. I might take the plunge one day or may wait to see if the small S22 is more appealing next year. failing that there is the z flip coming soon hopefully
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Loving mine as well, got the 512gb version as I got it for the 256gb price with employee 10% discount and it made sense as google stopping their free photo updates and 4k recording and One shot would take a lot of space.

I charge my phone overnight so my 18 watt chargers are fine.
Also the phone lasts a whole day and more depends on usage.
Preorders also got their latest earbuds for free so that was a plus point as well.
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
hi

I went with the 128gb,the reasons for this was the 256gb were out of stock(not sure if they are now) plus I won't really use it all anyway.
I've currently got about 52% of spare storage with all my data transferred over from my previous device.
like I said I'm not really a camera/video guy so won't be doing a lot of that.
yeah I used the smart switch I just find it Hassel free plus my phone only got warm and cooled down straight after.
I'm used to big phones my previous one was OnePlus 8t and the 7 pro,this beauty is one slightly bigger then those.
phantom black is the one I got 😍 man it's beautiful.
I glad I decided to get it even it is a little expensive.

hope you have a good day 👍

Screenshot_20210209-111135_My Files.jpg

0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
yeah sure thing

Screenshot_20210209-111537_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
hi ash

that's a shame it is a beautiful phone,but it is down to preference.
yeah I agree with you on the charger,I only had OnePlus 65w and 30w chargers I'd lost the one to my note 10 so I had to got and buy a Samsung 25w charger,I didn't want to use the chargers I had just incase it damaged the battery eventually.
yeah got to be honest I'm pretty impressed with the battery,I mean it's not as good as the 8t but that phone is slightly smaller plus there is sooooo many features on my ultra.
anyway let me know what phone you decide to go for.
stay safe Mr man(I'm guessing you're a man 😅)
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
hi

that's awesome getting it for that price.i know I won't use all my storage as I'm not a crazy camera guy but still would of liked to of got the 256gb just because.
I only had OnePlus chargers so had to buy a new charger,still feel Samsung should of offered a choice at checkout to get a charger with the phone.
yep can't fault the battery I mean it's not as good as some of the phones I've owned but saying that phones are getting more and more advanced.
I've put my claim in for the ear buds so just got to wait now.

anyway hope you have a good day
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I am indeed male lol yea I have made my mind up now. Going to stay with the S20 as its just such a good phone why upgrade this year. So the phone I will probably get next year will be the 6.2 samsung S22 if that's what it ends up being.
0 Likes