Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra (Exynos 2100) has a TERRIBLE fingerprint sensor/scanner same as Note 10+

(Topic created on: 31-01-2021 03:11 PM)
fredphoesh
Navigator
Options

I am shocked and really sad about this. The fingerprint scanner on my brand new S21 Ultra IS TERRIBLE!!! See the YouTube video I made to show it took me about 100 tries to add my left thumb, then it failed. VERY BAD Samsung!!! https://youtu.be/4Mp8ECNUpgQ  

I have managed to scan 3 of my right hand fingers, and it almost never unlocks on first try, regardless of finger used, comparing with my Note10+, the poor performance is identical, so is the feel and way the scanner works, so I am sure they are the same scanner and am sure that the Exynos does DEFINITELY NOT have an ultra-sonic fingerprint scanner.

Maybe the Qualcomm version is great, but this is extremely disappointing and is the reason I returned my Galaxy S20, Galaxy Note 20 Ultra upgrades after a few days, and now it looks like I will be returning this phone. It is not a substantive upgrade on my Note10+ the same annoyances. 

80 REPLIES 80
DB666999
Journeyman
Options
no idea (how do I find out)
0 Likes
lewiement
Explorer
Options
yes the UK version which is exynos
0 Likes
fredphoesh
Navigator
Options
if you're in the USA, Qualcomm, in the UK or Europe you're Exynos. I'm not sure how Asia and Southern hemisphere is divided ..
0 Likes
fredphoesh
Navigator
Options
interesting... maybe. but I have my note10+ side by side with my s21ultra and they're exactly as bad.
0 Likes
lewiement
Explorer
Options
I recon you have a faulty unit. compared to my note 10+ which was quite slow, I can tap the screen slightly and it will unlock straight away. it should definitely show a considerable improvement over the old sensor
0 Likes
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
try adding your finger more than once and if you have a screen protector make sure you have enabled sensitive touch.
0 Likes
DB666999
Journeyman
Options
I'm in the uk
fredphoesh
Navigator
Options
hi, no screen protector. I tried the multiple X per finger on my note 10 and also the S20u and note 20u, and it didn't help at all. I probably have smoother than normal fingerprints, I can see them! Samsung UK told me on Facebook messenger that the Exynos is an OPTICAL sensor, maybe they made a mistake, but the new technology is ultrasonic!!! I'll post their comment here.
0 Likes
fredphoesh
Navigator
Options
Read this comment! It was made on my Facebook messenger from a Samsung representative. He may have made a mistake but I fear that he has not... that indeed the UK Exynos still has the interior OPTICAL sensor.

Screenshot_20210131-181809_Messenger.jpg

0 Likes
fredphoesh
Navigator
Options
Lewiement, take a look at the comment from Samsung UK! posted below.
0 Likes