Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra (Exynos 2100) has a TERRIBLE fingerprint sensor/scanner same as Note 10+

(Topic created on: 31-01-2021 05:33 PM)
fredphoesh
Pioneer
Options

I am shocked and really sad about this. The fingerprint scanner on my brand new S21 Ultra IS TERRIBLE!!! See the YouTube video I made to show it took me about 100 tries to add my left thumb, then it failed. VERY BAD Samsung!!! https://youtu.be/4Mp8ECNUpgQ  

I have managed to scan 3 of my right hand fingers, and it almost never unlocks on first try, regardless of finger used, comparing with my Note10+, the poor performance is identical, so is the feel and way the scanner works, so I am sure they are the same scanner and am sure that the Exynos does DEFINITELY NOT have an ultra-sonic fingerprint scanner.

Maybe the Qualcomm version is great, but this is extremely disappointing and is the reason I returned my Galaxy S20, Galaxy Note 20 Ultra upgrades after a few days, and now it looks like I will be returning this phone. It is not a substantive upgrade on my Note10+ the same annoyances. 

80 REPLIES 80
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
This is very unusual. from what I have heard the s21 has a significantly improved fingerprint sensor, and all variant come with ultrasonic scanners, since the S10. I have used the ultrasonic scanner on the S20 (exynos, not that it makes a difference as it uses the same hardware scanner as the snapdragon one) and optical one on the a51 and both register and scan fingers just fine, and the s21 is supposed to be significantly improved over those.
0 Likes
fredphoesh
Pioneer
Options
are you in Snapdragon or Exynos?
0 Likes
Lane93
Explorer
Options
The fingerprint scanner on the s21u is the qualcomm version no matter which country your in I thought
0 Likes
DB666999
Journeyman
Options
I never have problems with these finger print scanners as I always use 2/3 scans of the same finger
fredphoesh
Pioneer
Options
as you see, the Exynos scanner is so bad I couldn't even complete the scan learning process.
0 Likes
DB666999
Journeyman
Options
very odd I have the s21 ultra (512gb) and haven't had any problems at all with the scanner and it still has the original screen protector on it...
0 Likes
lewiement
Explorer
Options
my s21 ultra exynos fingerprint scanner has been a considerable improvement over the one used on my note 10+. maybe it is faulty
0 Likes
fredphoesh
Pioneer
Options
are you on Exynos?
0 Likes
fredphoesh
Pioneer
Options
Exynos or Qualcomm?
0 Likes