Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Exynos 2100 Battery Issue

(Topic created on: 10-02-2021 06:12 AM)
Arshdeep Singh
Journeyman
Options

I have been using the s21 ultra for about 12 days and my experience is really bad. I have been using the phone in Fhd with adaptive refresh rate on. No gaming at all. I have been using my phone for watching some YouTube video (1 hour max per day) and only for social media. I have to charge my phone twice a day which is not what I expected it to be. I know it's exynos but the reviews were really great.  The average screen on time on a full charge is only 3 hours that too with minimum brightness. Can you guys suggest me something or should I replace my device 

17 REPLIES 17
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Your experience sounds dreadful. I personally find battery life is exceptional, best phone I've used to date for efficiency in screen on time.

A few tips I'd suggest is using a fixed brightness level if you don't already. If you don't mind dark mode, then use it. Try using adaptive WQHD+ instead of FHD+, it's the resolution I use all the time and achieve my screen on time. Drop your connection to LTE/4G if you do not use 5G. I hope some of this helps.

Screenshot_20210208-063013_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Hmm your chrome battery usage is incredibly high for an app you used less than a minute. Do you have any specific tab open that may be drawing power?
0 Likes
Arshdeep Singh
Journeyman
Options

Yaa, I'm doing all that since day one. It's on FullHD plus in India, we don't have 5g yet so I have changed that too. I have reset my phone today and I'll wait for another week and think about it. Your's battery life is pretty amazing.

Joeeye
Maestro
Options
How do you charge your phone to 100%. Do you use wired or wireless? What Wattage and is it a samsung charger or not?

One thing I've observed, by no means is this scientific however, is that if I charge my Samsung phones (Note 10+, S20 Ultra and now S21 Ultra) with a non Samsung charger to 100%, it's total run time is substantially reduced (somewhere in the region of 20%). Its not talked about often, but I've observed this over the last few generations.
0 Likes
Arshdeep Singh
Journeyman
Options

I have been using Samsung's type c 25 watts charger 

Sailingchap
First Poster
Options

Hello dear friend how do you charge your phone if wired charger then which one do u use and also your phone's screen on time is something I have never seen on any others did you use it with simcard? On airplane mode? On wifi or mobile data? Hope you respond to my questions above and tq have a great day!

0 Likes
Sailingchap
First Poster
Options

What's the update on your s21 ultra ? Did u get a solution or found what's wrong with your device?

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I use a 45w both Samsung and non Samsung charger typically, which down charges at 25W. This was early days when the S21 Ultra was released and I wasn't the only person getting these kinds of SoT numbers. All this was without compromises, I used 120hz and maximum resolution. I used a fixed brightness, at that time I believe at 25% all on WiFi, although I did a test purely on mobile data to compare later which I believe got an hour less SoT. I didn't setup any bixby routines and no drastic settings to prolong battery life such as aeroplane mode etc. At the time many had issues after using the smart switch update for their apps, however I never update my devices this way and always start fresh. I was thoroughly impressed with the S21 Ultra battery life and even today it's far more efficient than my S22 Ultra.
0 Likes