Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra - everyone else's opinions?

(Topic created on: 10-02-2021 05:46 AM)
RyRy1997
Pioneer
Options

Who owns an S21 Ultra and thinks it's the best Ultra phone that Samsung has released? I personally would say yes but would love to know everyone else's opinions 😊

45 REPLIES 45
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
S21 Ultra hands down. ROM is by far much faster on the S21, screen much brighter and more efficient. Performance is better in every way, CPU and GPU are better. Battery superior and is running most up to date One UI.
swills9
Voyager
Options
21 is 1080 whereas 20 is 1440 widely condemned in reviews.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
This thread is about the Ultras. S21 Ultra is a 1440p screen and a 120hz capable one over the note 20 Ultra at that.
0 Likes
swills9
Voyager
Options
my mistake sorry :-(. however 1440 does not make up for its loss over other models.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
But the superior screen efficiency as well as SoC and performance sure does. There's no contest in terms of hardware. The S21 Ultra not only has a brighter screen than the note 20 Ultra, it's both power efficient and with higher refresh (It has a new generation OLED emitter which is over 27% more power efficient). This and the better Exynos chipset put it a league ahead of the Note 20 Ultra in battery efficiency which to a typical user is by far the most important feature in this day and age.

So here I say what's not to like, you have a faster phone better in EVERY performance metric and to top it off has a better camera setup and is much more power efficient. Hands down the better phone in my opinion. Also to put this in context, I've achieved the best screen on time with the S21 Ultra than I ever had with my previous phones by far, over 11 hours of my typical usage which almost doubled what I'd get from my S20 Ultra and Note 10+ 5G before it.
0 Likes
Adiepo
Journeyman
Options
Hi, have you considered the OPPO Find X2 Pro or are you loyal to Samsung ?

I'm thinking about it having read the reviews and the specs are pretty impressive 🤔
SK00S21Ultra
Pioneer
Options
I've been with Samsung for a very long time using their Note series in particular, I did use iPhone and other android phones in between but somehow ended up going back to Samsung for lol. I have checked reviews on Oppo X2 Pro and might go for it in case Samsung proves to be a flop again. If Huawei wasn't banned that would have been my choice.
0 Likes
Adiepo
Journeyman
Options
I bought a P40 pro having watched the videos on YouTube on how to put GMS on it but failed so I sold it on..... cracking phone just a shame banned from Google 😡
Adiepo
Journeyman
Options
I bought a X2 Pro the other week and that went pear shaped as well lol....it turned out to be BLACKLISTED but I was impressed with it what little time I had a play with it 👍
SK00S21Ultra
Pioneer
Options
That's a shame cause realistically we don't have many options aside from Samsung and iPhone- two main players worthy of consideration. Hence I'm bit reluctant to send back my S21 Ultra, the overheating issue is now recurrent so one day it'd heat up fast and the next day it'd only manage to get warmer whilst using the same apps/functions etc. Maybe I should keep it and wait for their newet iteration as they've partnered with AMD. I'm also concerned as Sammy and AMD both seem to be loving heat so we'll have to wait.. I'm literally in a limbo as what to get next if I've to send this back 😅