Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra - Edge Panel no longer shows the Text under the icon after recent update

(Topic created on: 01-12-2021 11:00 AM)
Bignose2
Journeyman
Options

After the very latest Android upgrade (UK) few days ago,

The Edge screen shows all the Icon's as normal & works but NO longer has the text underneath.

Most are self explanatory but some I would like to see the text.

There is the space for it & was fine just before after.

Cannot see any settings for this, removed from settings, re-added, restarted etc etc.

12 REPLIES 12
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
After an update
Try clearing the cache
And see if resolves the issue

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/
0 Likes
Bignose2
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I was wanting to try this but now seems virtually impossible to boot into boot loader.

tried a hundred times with every combination but Samsung in their wisdom changed & cannot find out how.

From off of course ..

Tried power & volume up, 3 seconds, 5 seconds, till flash logo on screen, held continuously. etc etc.

same with volume down, same with both buttons

As advised, latest update need to pug into a pc

tried all of the above plugged into a PC, waited for charge indicator to go out, remaining on, during it going round etc etc.

plugged in once, unplugged, during unplugging

nothing works!!!

s21 Ultra UK version,

bought outright from samsung UK so not locked to any provider.

I have rooted many old phones, changed firmware so sort of know my way around boot loaders etc. but never had this much trouble just getting to the boot loader

0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I also have the same issue.  I didn't want to post this because I wasn't 100 percent sure that the text was gone.  I just thought things looked different.  

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
Bignose2
Journeyman
Options

Just cleared cache partition & not helped.

Looking at the settings, Edge, Display, Panels where you can edit, the example Icons do NOT show text either so think it is by design.

Stopwatch etc does show,

Very annoying, why backwards steps. Some icons I simply do not immediately recognise.

To get into boot loader, release power & up the split second "Samsung" comes up, before! the 2nd line. worked plugged into PC & charger indicator was still going round.

Extreme25
First Poster
Options

Did anyone figure out how to add back the icon text on the edge panel icons yet mine disappeared on the last update 2 days ago

w4lter
Pioneer
Options

i want to push this topic.

yesterday i received also Android 12 on my S20+ - the App Names are missing now on the side panel, just the icons are still there. did anyone manage to resolve this issue? can't believe that this is a "new" feature.

Screenshot_20220112-102042_One UI Home.jpg

Eric B
Apprentice
Options

This seems to be part of the update. NOT an improvement AT ALL. Why Samsung, why would you do this?? Why would you not at the least - give us an option to display icon text??

I have folders grouped with similar apps, and labeled as such...a very organized, time-saving method to easily access my apps. This WAS the case. NOW, there's no way to easily tell what's in each folder at a glance. Instead, you have to open each folder, and hope you've guessed correctly. 

Please tell me there's a logical explanation for this?? 

Eric B
Apprentice
Options

Nope, but would like to know 

0 Likes
Eric B
Apprentice
Options

This topic DEFINITELY needs to be pushed to the developers...the highest levels. Simply assenine to not even give an option!