Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s21 ultra duel sim issue

(Topic created on: 06-02-2021 12:58 PM)
jiggy1
Apprentice
Options
Has anyone tried using 2 sim cards?
I am having an issue where sim card slot 1 is not working, basically saying there is no sim card.
I have tried everything other than a factory reset which I am a little reluctant to do, so was just wondering if anyone else had the same issue.

11 REPLIES 11
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Have you checked that your SIM card works in another phone?

Have you correctly installed the 2 SIM cards as per page 21 of the Samsung User Manual? See screenshot...

SIM card.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
jiggy1
Apprentice
Options
yes sim card works in another device and both work in slot 2, also definitely inserted correctly
0 Likes
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
i have noticed that Sim slot 1 is a little unsecure, I'm sure you have already done this - make sure the chip is facing upwards and hold the sim flat as you slide the Sim tray into your phone. if it still isn't working, wipe the sim down and/or try the same sim in a second device if possible. and of course, ensure Sim slot 1 is enabled in Sim Card Manager, and possibly turn on and off, and just to be completely sure, check your APN settings for Sim slot 1, although this is unlikely to read as "no sim" regardless.
0 Likes
MDaiana
Navigator
Options
mine are working fine, just saying
0 Likes
jiggy1
Apprentice
Options
So just to update. After trying everything possible and nothing working, I decided to think outside the box. I got a piece of paper, folded it 2, cut to the size of the sim card and placed in the sim tray with sim card on top, and low and behold it is now working. So a faulty sim tray or reader is to blame. Thanks for your comments.
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options

That's terrible build quality though.

0 Likes
GRD
First Poster
Options
If I insert 2 sim will my s21 ultra pick it up straight or do I need to do some software adjustment. I wanted to use both sim (official and personal) in the same phone rather than changing phone but keep contacts seperate
0 Likes
ehsaanalii
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue with my sim slot 1 as it wasn't working no matter how many sim cards i try. So when i tried above mentioned trick by inserting a paper under the sim card then it started working.

Now i am afraid if it ever stopped working while in some emergency this would be a big issue as a customer point of view. Samsung has to come up with some permanent solution on this

My phone is made in Veitnam and bought in April-2021. 

Thanks to Jiggy1.

0 Likes
Subhra
First Poster
Options

You are a saviour my friend. I hope these Samsung jokers read this post and fix the product quality. The sim tray ia faulty. I used 2 papers im Sim 1 and looks like its working. 

0 Likes