Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S21 ULTRA Dual Sim vs Single Sim

(Topic created on: 26-04-2021 05:14 AM)
Sheroz
Apprentice
Options

So I live in Canada, and in the USA and Canada we have the snapdragon model, my question is this, we only have the single sim tray, but someone who took apart the phone saw that it has a dual sim reader in the phone like the exynos models. So my question is if I replaced or had a dual sim tray would my single sim S21 ultra in Canada be able to read it.

Thanks!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

No as the phone is built inside / restricted to only accept one sim card.

It potentially does not have the internal hardware and software such as sim card manager to run two sims. Or it's been restricted to only work with one sim.

Swapping out the trays won't work unfortunately.

I live in the UK and wanted the Snapdragon N20 Ultra 5G so I imported mine from Hong Kong which has the dual sim options @Sheroz 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

No as the phone is built inside / restricted to only accept one sim card.

It potentially does not have the internal hardware and software such as sim card manager to run two sims. Or it's been restricted to only work with one sim.

Swapping out the trays won't work unfortunately.

I live in the UK and wanted the Snapdragon N20 Ultra 5G so I imported mine from Hong Kong which has the dual sim options @Sheroz 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you checked the SIM tray's back? My one is double sided so you put one on the front and one on the back but it looks like a single tray. It took me a week to notice this.
0 Likes
Sheroz
Apprentice
Options

It is no big deal of course, 1 sim is plenty for me, was interested why some phones are different from others, apparently depending on the country some don't have 5G at all inside, even though they have 5G on the box, so luckily in Canada and USA we have 5G compatible phones

Sheroz
Apprentice
Options

Yes there is only  1 sim card slot, I have been noticing that some phones depending on the country are different, might want to check if your phone has 5G compatibility 

0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
I would have to travel to the nearest city with 5g to check I live in the middle of nowhere, we just got 4g, 1 or 2 years ago.
0 Likes