Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra delay

(Topic created on: 31-01-2021 07:40 PM)
JamesStevenson
Explorer
Options
So I pre ordered the s21 ultra when the pre orders opened, I picked the phantom Titanium thinking it would come early or at least at launch but after checking my order I noticing my phone was still being customised.(after launch) so I phoned Samsung yesterday only to be told that because the phantom Titanium is a limited edition model (no sign of that on the website) that my phone won't arrive until the 14th of February 😡 which is an absolute joke has anyone else had this issue with this phone model, if I knew it would take longer then I would have picked a different colour 😔
#21ultra #phantom #Titanium #preorder #unhappy 
69 REPLIES 69
Vinny1511
Pioneer
Options

Because it wasn't that clear or obvious at all - When there are two dates, and in some cases dates given to those that pertain to delivery that is no different to the standard models, It will cause frustration. 

Furthermore there are no updates from Samsung, differing stories with dates and no clarity - But I assume you just ordered a black or silver one and have yours in hand ? 

The fact is, many can/will accept the 2-4 weeks reluctantantly, but no ETA and different levels of support from Samsung lead to frustration - As it would for any premium service or device. 

0 Likes
Chrismartin1992
Explorer
Options
Please don't take offence but at least on the UK website the very first thing it states when you select a exclusive colour was "please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery!", what more can they do its right in your face? (see screenshot).

No, I ordered Navy as I was happy waiting the 2-4 week extra time which it stated when I 'ticked' Phantom Navy.

I do agree additional correspondence would be useful or some extra thought on the ordering/point of sale section. For example, my buds, smart tag and charger plug are still sat on the order saying "ships by 28th Jan". I assume they'll just post it with the phone when it's ready, but it would have been nice for everything to be streamlined. With that being said, I still thought it was clear that the exclusive colours would not be with us by end of Jan.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it when you get it, there's some good pics on Twitter and Titanium looks brilliant. 👍

Screenshot_20210131-184348_Chrome.jpg

TomcatTC
Navigator
Options

Neither can I, and I am one of the people that ordered one of the exclusive colours.

It quite clearly said when clicking on one of the three colours "Samsung.com exclusive colours require additional production. Please allow up to 4 weeks for delivery.
T&Cs apply.
".

The 29th date was for the two standard colours.

I do understand the fustration about the additional items as like others they are showing as shipping requested and ships by the 28th and also being told different things on the chat to that they will come seperately to they will all come together.

Olkaos
Pioneer
Options

Yeah I saw that on the email confirmation. 🙃  that it said 2-4 wks, so can't really blame anyone 

I was blind i didn't see it on the website  🤣

Vinny1511
Pioneer
Options

I'm most definitely not going to be debating the whys and wherefores all evening - All I'll say, is regardless of leadtime and if it was 'clear,' no one can deny, communication has been poor to non existent - And we are a very small cross- section of society that ordered, there are similar posts on the XDA forums too. 

Differing advise from customer services (And in some cases by a big margin) no useful information by Samsung have led to unhappy customers and I personally feel, that for almost £1200, this has been a poor launch when compared to the competition - Like Apple for example.

Consumers expect to be kept in the loop, even more so when spending on such a big ticket item. 

0 Likes
robbiej1979
Explorer
Options

Same here with the Navy one, and the cheek of it is as I us the upgrade programme that Samsung gave the green light with Klarna too soon and payment coming out 5th Feb, so paying for something I do not have, and still paying for my current phone! 

Vinny1511
Pioneer
Options

Contact Klarna and tell them you do you yet have the phone - They will defer payment until the handset is received. 

Exactly the same as me, this upgrade program and the entire process is more than frustrating....

0 Likes
robbiej1979
Explorer
Options

I messaged Klarna straight away but they wash their hands of it said it was down to Samsung, and nothing they could do, they responded with, well at least you will pay it off sooner! I could call Samsung but holding to speak to someone who probably has no idea will just wind me up even more.

Been doing this upgrade process for three years and it never goes smoothly, Samsung don't really care as they know people will still come back.

0 Likes
Vinny1511
Pioneer
Options

Hello mate, that's odd. 

Klarna were really helpful - They immediately stopped the payment and it now states in the account that it's frozen until the item is received ! 

I genuinely think this is my last Samsung upgrade, I've even contemplating cancelling paying off the S20 ultra and just getting a different device....Sad, but reality. 

0 Likes
JamesStevenson
Explorer
Options
So I've woken upto an email telling me that my buds & tag will be here today woohoo 🙄🙄

Yeah I'd rather have the £1300 phone I paid for thanks 👊
0 Likes