Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra - default sound on video

(Topic created on: 21-11-2021 02:17 PM)
Thomas_lad
Journeyman
Options
When watching videos back on gallery etc the default sound is always off and you have to press the sound toggle button to make the sound play.  Does anyone know if there is a way to default the sound to 'on'? TIA
13 REPLIES 13
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
This also happens to me and it is extremely annoying. 😡🤬
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's always been like that, don't know why.
0 Likes
Thomas_lad
Journeyman
Options
I'm just back to Samsung from huawei and it's doing my head in. More so beciase my son watches videos and he whinges when no sound
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

I'm sorry to hear of your frustration surrounding this matter. By default, videos will play in a muted state in the Gallery app, and will require you to either tap the speaker symbol in the bottom right corner of the video, or tap the Volume Up button on the side of the device to play the video's sound. 

0 Likes
lee815
Pathfinder
Options

Andrew L Why can't Samsung give us the option to choose how we want it to play ?

Thiaga
First Poster
Options

How can I send a video with volume not muted on whatsapp?

0 Likes
Kendall1
First Poster
Options
If you switch off autoplay in Samsung internet settings you can select unmute in gallery video & it stays that way,instead of reverting to mute.
0 Likes
lee815
Pathfinder
Options

I've turned off auto-play in Samsung internet settings (not that I use Samsung internet) but can't find un-mute in gallery anywhere.

0 Likes
Ziddy
Helping Hand
Options

This is annoying to say the least. 

Samsung please fix this