Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra dead pixels (Warranty repair?)

(Topic created on: 09-12-2021 06:17 PM)
ThatTomGuy
Journeyman
Options

Hi all,

Hope someone can advise. I pulled my S21 Ultra out of my pocket earlier to a cluster of pixels stuck in red, green and blue. 

It hasn't been dropped/hit, they've literally just appeared out of nowhere.

My question is this; I've booked a warranty at home repair, and it states if the issue isn't covered under warranty I may be charged a call out fee, which I don't want. So does anyone know if this kind of thing is covered under warranty? 

I've attached a photo so you can see the pixels I'm on about.

Screenshot_20210709-202506_WhatsApp.png

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
Wow... I have seen a few posts showing stuck pixels on phones and LCD displays in the past, but never a cluster the size similar to what you have posted.

How old is your phone...I assume it hasn't been like this since it was new ? Are you sure it hasnt had a knock of some kind... perhaps this will be classed as screen damage and not essentially 'dead pixels'.

I assume you have tried to reboot the phone, and possibly tried some kind of pixel tests?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wikihow.com/Fix-Dead-Pixels-on-Android%3famp=1

Personally I would also try the warranty route with Samsung, but not on the callout basis... i would send it back to samsung service or drop off at one of the Samsung shops... and then await their verdict to avoid any possible charges or confusion.

There is a chance this might be seen as 'accidental damage' rather than a warranty repair due to manufacturing fault.

Smiley.
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
ThatTomGuy
Journeyman
Options
Hi! Thanks for the reply. I got it at the end of January when it was released, so 6 months ish. Yeah I've tried reboot and a couple of pixel test apps but no luck.

That was my worry, I'm not aware I've knocked it but anythings possible!

I'll cancel the callout if they'll let me and try sending it to them instead.

Thanks for your help :smiling-face:
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Have you tried using the phone's own troubleshooting by using the coloured panels via dialing *#0*# in your phone's dialer @ThatTomGuy  ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

ThatTomGuy
Journeyman
Options
I've not used the coloured panels, I only used it to check the touchscreen was all working okay. I'll go and give that a try :smiling-face:
0 Likes
Dazza11
Journeyman
Options
I've got exactly the same problem. Had the phone for 7 months now, it started with 2 dead pixels in the bottom left hand corner, now it's guide a few in a cluster. The phone has never been dropped and has had a case and screen protector fitted since new. Would this be covered under warranty??Screenshot_20210812-181939_Phone.jpg
0 Likes
Mkriddle
Apprentice
Options

Did anything you try work? Did you try the warranty  repair? Mine is at the right and isn't covered by any pixel repair app. I'm at a loss on what to do since I paid outright for the phone.

0 Likes
Mkriddle
Apprentice
Options

20211115_190702.jpg

0 Likes
nomisro
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue on my S21. top right side of the screen looks like that. It started with a small dot but slowly expanded over the last few months. Is that cover under warranty?

0 Likes
Mkriddle
Apprentice
Options

According to the repair place I spoke too they said no. So I will deal with it. They told me that it happens when it is dropped. But I highly doubt it.

So unfortunately it's completely dead now. I tried multiple different methods to fix it

0 Likes